Saturday, January 23, 2010

Microwave Madness

We began our beautiful Saturday with one of Sean's favorite breakfasts: biscuits. First of all, the oven is going crazy and the biscuits almost burned in half the directed cooking time. Second, Sean wanted some honey and ours is all crystallized so he put it in the microwave to make it more runny but neglected to read the honey bear's aversion to microwave ovens. The result:
We spent the day doing all kinds of wonderful activities like service projects for Young Women, O-chem, New Testament, microbiology, dishes, and laundry:) Fun times at the Peterson home.
Tonight we made a yummy meal of sweet honey chicken stir fry with fried rice, yum! We then took a joyful journey to Kohls to purchase some sweet valentine decor.
We decided to end the evening with a good movie, and since we don't have thirty new ones that we haven't seen, we went to Blockbuster. The motivation for a trip to the neighborhood blockbuster was a lovely gift card from my Uncle Alvin for graduation (high school not college). Five years later I finally got around to spending it. Which brings me to my most brilliant thought: lets pay off the national debt with all the random gift card money that is lost in cyberspace.
Hope your evening is hunky dorie!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Sad to see the honey bear take a hit... and you're right--who knows what untold wealth is locked in unused gifts cards?? Maybe that's why companies like them so much. :)

    My roommates and I cancelled our cable and now we're doing just fine with Hulu and Netflix. You should try out Netflix--it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JENNIE!!! I'm so glad I found your blog!! It's so cute!!! Whenever I "find" someone's blog, I like to go back and read all their posts from the very beginning, so that's what I did, and I really enjoyed yours!! I will definitely be following your blog from now on. : ) You're better at posting more often than I am. haha!!

    ReplyDelete