Tonight for our uber romantic date night, Sean and I finished and delivered a wedding cake to a chapel in Provo, ate an amazing dinner at Brick Oven, and spent an hour at the piano together. The cake turned out beautifully and I shall even post some pictures to prove it! The food at Brick Oven was DIVINE! Apparentley I was craving a bit of garlic bread=) I was in the restroom of our home (where you can hear the obnoxious band music from Muse music the loudest) when I heard the most beautiful piano music. I thought to myself that Muse had finally found a good band for the evening when I realized it was my handsome hubby of almost 2 years jamming out on the piano. I came downstairs and sat next to him and Baby Brett went crazy! I don’t know if Brett really liked the music, hated it, or was just shocked by the volume, but he was wiggling all over the place which I love!! He has given Sean several good kicks now and spends lots of time using his mommy’s bladder as a trampoline. We went through all our Wicked music and even some Tangled singing along and having a great time. I love having a piano and husband who knows how to play it so well.
Here is that handsome man with his post-BYU beard and UNM medical school shirt:

I am liking the beard and the pricklyness is starting to soften up so we can kiss without my face turning raw;)
Here is the cake we made this week:

Here is the cake we made last week:

Here is my door adorned with lots of love notes from my kindergarteners in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week:
And here is one card I received that made me smile so big!

( I can’t figure out how to rotate this right now so just tilt your head) I especially like how tall Sean is and how he has no arms=)
Haha love the beard Sean! Now you're ready to be a heathen UNM student. :P
ReplyDeleteI also love the drawing of "Shuan", even if he is armless--he's got a nice toothy grin!
I'm sure Baby Brett has excellent taste, as his parents do, and was loving the piano concert! I love the beard, too, and am always glad when the scratchy phase is over. The basketweave pattern is something I could never figure out how to do, despite the photos in the Betty Crocker cookbook--one day, I'll have to watch you do it. I was also fairly certain I wouldn't have the patience to get all around the cake! I love the drawing and notice how different it is from how our boys did their people. I love the hair and the x-ray vision feature of the artist! and seeing all those pretty cards on your door. love, mom p
ReplyDelete