Monday, January 23, 2012

5 months, hedgehogs, and urgent care

Brett officially turned five months old yesterday! Happy day! He is as smiley as ever, has started sitting up more on his own, although I wouldn’t say he’s got the hang of it yet. His favorite thing is his dad and his least favorite thing is getting his nose wiped. He is learning to play with more toys and is getting really good at putting himself to sleep for naps. He tries really hard to concentrate on things and makes funny grunts. IMG_2001-2012-01-23-15-38.JPG
On Friday night my dear friend Megan came to visit. She and her husband Eric are moving from Texas back up to Utah and stopped by to spend the night. Mr. Brett really really liked Megan and Grandpa Bert (Megan’s dad who was helping them drive). We had a lovely conversation and Brett tried to rip Megan’s earrings out. I miss my roommates! I remember all the fun things we did often but its not till I spend some time with one of them that I really really miss them. I was so blessed to have so many wonderful roommates. I am excited Megan will live in Utah now so I can see her more often when I make trips up there.
IMG_2002-2012-01-23-15-38.JPG
Megan and Eric are expecting their second baby which will be named Ransom if it’s a boy (just kidding). Their first baby is Sticky bun the hedgehog. She slept in the bathtub. It was fun to hold a hedgehog, who knew?
IMG_2005-2012-01-23-15-38.JPG
IMG_2006-2012-01-23-15-38.JPG
After Megan, Eric, and Bert left on Saturday we went back to sleep, studied and prepared for primary, then went to the mall. Sean kept feeling sicker and by afternoon he decided to go to the doctor. Luckily his dad was here to take him so Mom P and I could stay home to take care of Brett and feed the missionaries. He got some codeine and amoxicillin and is starting to feel a little better, thank heaven for antibiotics!

4 comments:

  1. Seeing Sean holding Stickybuns reminded me of him bringing home our first pet--a very intelligent and loving rat. I know it seems hard to believe, but we all fell in love with a rodent. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Sean is feeling a little better--go amoxicillin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha don't joke about the name Ransom- I had a boy in one of my classes who was named that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who's cuter, Brett or Stickybun! I'm jealous but happy that you two got to visit. I miss our roommates too.

    ReplyDelete