One of the parts about being a homemaker that I am so grateful for is that I get to exercise and focus on my nutrition. Its hard enough to prepare healthy meals and snacks and get a workout in 3-4 times a week without an out of the home job. I can’t even imagine how hard it must be for moms who work outside the home in addition to all the mommy jobs at home! Before I had Brett I bought some Jillian Michaels workout videos that I swore I would do after I had my baby. The first day I did one of her 50 minute workout (about 3 months postpartum) I about died. I couldn’t even do half the exercises, especially the ab ones. I remember lying on the ground trying to lift my legs up and not being able to do it. The jumping jacks had disastrous consequences on my bladder and nursing made jumping at any level awful! I kind of gave up at that point and decided I would just walk. I took Brett on lots of walks and did some power walking on the treadmill. In March, my friend and I decided that we would work out together every Tuesday and Thursday. We started off with some Jillian DVDs (which had gotten easier with more healing time), P90X, and power walks. Before we knew it we were working out 3-5 days a week and doing the plyometrics workout without too much dread=) Then my friend ordered Insanity, have you heard of it? Its well…INSANE! They are by far the hardest workouts I have ever done. We are panting for breath and drenched in sweat and we love and hate it at the same time. So if you are looking for an awesome workout, check out Insanity. Someday I may buy it, but its a little pricey so I’ll just enjoy working out with my friend for now. Keep in mind its not for beginners! If we would have tried it back in March I think I would have passed out and perhaps injured myself. I feel really great and am loving the endorphins.
Brett used to be really good at letting me workout, but then he decided he needs to be held while I’m jumping and adding 22 lbs to my workout isn’t my idea of fun! Sean has been watching him while I exercise since he hasn’t had to be at the clinic till 9, but starting tomorrow he needs to be out the door at 7:30 so I need to get up a little earlier=(
Also, have you heard of chia seeds? They are an amazing super food! We put them in smoothies everyday. They have protein, omega-3, and fiber. They help you stay full longer and are just super good for you.

I use the Chia seeds in an overnight oats recipe! 1/3 c milk, 1/3 c oats, 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/2 TBSP chia seeds, mix it up, put it in the refrigerator and eat cold in the morning. (I usually use a fruit yogurt, but you can use plain and add your own fruit) I LOVE it because I don't have to fix breakfast in the morning and Gwenivere likes it too!
ReplyDelete