Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pumpkins

I always start with updates on the kiddos, but today I thought I would mix things up and start with the grown-ups. First of all Sean has applied for residency! He applied for 15 programs in Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Colorado, and Nevada. He has been working hard to get all his documents and such all ready and last Monday was the day to submit. He had to run off to work so he left me to the honors. I got through right before the whole program crashed and Sean even got an interview invitation that very day! They fixed the system by Tuesday and we have been invited to 6 interviews already! We have gotten 1 interview in Utah and I am hoping the other 3 programs invite us as well. Deans letters become available on Oct 1 so perhaps we will hear more after those are out. I am really grateful that Sean has worked so hard the last 3 years in medical school, it makes this process much more fun and exciting rather than stressful.
Sean has also received the Dean’s Endowed Scholarship and we get to go to a fancy dinner at a hotel next week where he will be honored and he even gets to give a speech! I’m sure I will post pictures =)
I have actually been enjoying running more and more and have decided to sign up for a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Anyone have great recommendations for Turkey Trots in the West Jordan, Utah area? I have been working on Halloween costumes and starting to think about Christmas gifts. Christmas is so fun with kids! Brett and I have been playing cars for several hours every day and Alana has been joining in. We have also been playing with friends a lot! The weather is getting so nice, we need to go to the park more often. We go on walks and go wander around the mall, target and Walmart.
Our little lady turned 10 months old this week which is so bizarre to me! Her personality is so sweet and fun and we just love having her around. She is starting to fight back a little more when Brett tries to take toys away from her. She throws a pretty awesome temper tantrum when she doesn’t want to be put down or doesn’t want us to take something away from her. Last night she found a piece of string cheese on the floor from lunch and put it in her mouth. When I fished it out she acted like I had ruined her entire existence! Brett and Alana play better together everyday =)
Here are some fun pictures from the last 2 weeks.
Post-nap selfie:
IMG_5412-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Brett is loving his pumpkin!
IMG_5413-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
We’ve been into Mater’s Tall Tales lately:
IMG_5414-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Our cute pumpkin:
IMG_5422-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
IMG_5443-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
IMG_5442-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
IMG_5430-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
IMG_5428-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
IMG_5427-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Bath time is always a highlight to our days!
IMG_5486-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Smores for FHE the other night:
IMG_5499-2014-09-25-13-54.jpg
Playing together:
IMG_5505-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Sean’s parents bought Alana a pink baby towel but its a little small now so she’s back to using Brett’s blue ones. I need to make her a purple or pink one=)
IMG_5531-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
She’s crawling on all fours now!
IMG_5528-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Peekaboo with the pretend mailbox:
IMG_5520-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
Pretend potato chip (best way to carry it when you have to use your hands to crawl)
IMG_5514-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG
My parents went to Disneyland last week and so Brett has been talking a lot about Disneyland. In this picture Brett was talking to Lightning McQueen in Disneyland.
IMG_5511-2014-09-25-13-54.JPG

3 comments:

  1. love the pumpkin theme and the great hat Lana has to wear! I imagine Brett asked Lightning to come by and pick him up. love the photo with Sean and Lana, too, all wrapped up and looking happy and calm--and what exciting news about Sean and the residency applications, interviews, and wonderful news to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my friends at work and I were going to do a Turkey trot this year! We are hopefully signing up soon I'll let you know what one we are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Sean! That's awesome. I can't wait to see where you guys go next!

    ReplyDelete