Monday, June 15, 2015

Construction

Life has been more crazy busy the last 2 months than I ever remember before. After the exhausting saga of the sheet rockers, we finally got to start working on the basement and we haven’t stopped since. First we had to prime everything! Then we painted the ceilings, insides of closets, and hallways white. Then we painted the bathroom a periwinkle color, the kids bedroom and aqua color, and our bedroom a rosy beige called Santa Fe Spirit=) We needed to get all the paint done in the bathroom so the tile installation could be done on Monday the 1st. All the rest of the paint needed to be finished by the 5th so carpet could be installed. After the tile started getting installed, Sean had to take a 2 day course on advanced cardiac life support so I wasn’t able to work as much by myself. I did paint lots of doors and baseboards though. My Dad was working feverishly every night to get the electrical the rest of the way installed and all the baseboards in place by the time the carpet came. On the 5th after the carpet came, Sean and I went to Vineyard to watch our niece and nephew while N&R went to a wedding in Nauvoo. The plan was to bring all 4 kids back to West Jordan on Saturday so Sean and Dad could get everything else installed and then we could move in on Monday. Unfortunately my Grandma took a turn and Dad ended up spending the whole day in Salt Lake. Sean and I worked the best we could and we still plunged ahead with moving down on Monday, although it made for a pretty crazy day (we needed to get moved down because my sister was coming to stay this last weekend and she needed a place to sleep too). Not only did we need to get all the furniture downstairs, we also needed to get the doors put up, especially in the kids room, the blinds installed, and the closet organizers installed. We got the kids put to bed and then plunged in to get our new bed put together. My Dad was so wonderful and helped us till about 11. We got the whole thing put together only to find out we were missing a giant piece. I was so so annoyed, it was just a really long hard day and I was so excited to sleep on my bed! We put our mattress on the floor and still slept in our new room that night which was fun. The next day we went to IKEA to get the piece, which was apparently sold separately (would’ve been nice if they’d told us that when we bought the bed!) We have continued plugging along and things have started to come together more and more. We still have lots of odds and ends to do, but it is such a nice home and we are loving it! Here are some cuties on one of our many trips to Lowes (and we haven’t gone a fraction of the amount my parents have!)
IMG_1685-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
Dad gets the lights working before carpet comes:
  IMG_0088-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
The junk pile of construction products by the back door:
  IMG_0084-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
The bathroom we were using upstairs was a disaster!
IMG_0083-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
Here is the bedroom Sean and I slept in, I think I wore the same 5 shirts for a month straight because I couldn’t find any other clothes in the giant heaps of clothing!
  IMG_0082-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
IMG_0081-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
Mom would sit on this chair to visit with us sometimes in the evenings, it looked very artistic =)
  IMG_1690-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
Brett was a great paint helper!
IMG_1680-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
IMG_1677-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
Will we ever park any of our cars in the 3-car garage again? It remains to be seen…
IMG_2556-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
The carpet starts to get installed!
  IMG_1693-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
The mechanical room :
  IMG_0092-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
Sean put together these awesome closet organizers and installed them =) (I still haven’t pulled that weed growing outside our window!)
  IMG_0093-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
I LOVE the bathroom tile!!
  IMG_0096-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
We’ve had great little helpers!
IMG_0098-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
My Dad did an outstanding job on all the electrical!
IMG_0103-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
IMG_0107-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
Painting baseboards:
  IMG_2666_2-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
First bath in the new tub!
IMG_2822-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
While Alana was napping one day, Sean and I were working on putting together our headboard. Brett climbed in one of the drawer spaces under our bed and made styrofoam snow for an hour, then he vacuumed it up for a half hour =)
IMG_2739_2-2015-06-15-20-08.jpg
I love our new bed and our new bedspread (ignore the random sheet on top)
IMG_2743-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
Bedtime books
  IMG_0113-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
IMG_0110-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG
IMG_0106-2015-06-15-20-08.JPG

3 comments:

  1. So much work! I feel exhausted just reading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zaelits and Petersons make a great team! We are astounded at how quickly it all came together. Love your kiddie helpers--Lana can use her wrench at our home anytime and Brett is a painting pro :-) we have high hopes for the future of the 3 car garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Lowe's is the Zaelit equivalent of Petersons and Walmart

    ReplyDelete