Sean has now been working as a resident for 3 weeks. He is loving his job and all the people he works with. He works 3 afternoons a week on the labor and delivery deck and the rest of the time is split between a low-income prenatal clinic and his own family medicine clinic. He has delivered 3 babies all on his own and has assisted with 6 others so far. He said he really likes prenatal care and would like to incorporate that in his practice, but isn’t sure about L&D. He likes delivering babies, but isn’t the hugest fan of the waiting around for labors to progress. It seems like with most medical rotations his schedule should be pretty similar to this. He will work an average of 55 hours a week. There are some more demanding rotations like the family medicine inservice which he will be doing in September and the pediatric inpatient in February at Primary Children’s.
I feel like we have entered a new world with him woking pretty normal hours (a dream come true when considering he’s a resident!), coming home and not having to study, and also getting paid for all his hard work! It’s really nice! I even went to the mall last week and made some impulse buys (something I haven’t done in a long time!)
The kids and I have been keeping busy with playdates and cleaning and grocery shopping. I am also entering a new world of little preschool age kids coming over to see if Brett can play. Last week a little girl from across the street came over to play while I was weeding the front flower beds. I sent Brett and his friend to the backyard to play and continued to work with Alana in the front. I checked on them every 5 minutes or so to see how they were doing. When the little girls dad came to pick her up, we went inside and discovered the they had dumped the entire bottle of fish food into the tank. I was completely and totally shocked! Brett has never done anything like this before! I was pretty upset, but not mad at Brett necessarily. I have never told him not to do that. He had to help my dad clean out the tank and spend some of his gem money to buy new food. 2 fish died and the tank took a lot of work to get clean, but I am grateful that Brett was able to learn. I was also grateful for the reminder that my kids are really good and not destructive.
The rocks are blue, all that pink stuff is food!

We spend most of our days outside regardless of the temperature, so the kids enjoy popsicles a lot!

Playing with Kirsten and Reagan before heading to the new Provo Rec Center to swim.

Alana crawled into Brett’s bed one night at bedtime =)

Sean had to go in and round early one morning, he wasn’t too sad to have biscuits and gravy in the cafeteria =) I went to the grocery store yesterday and thought I should get some eggs because I haven’t bought them in a long time and then I remembered that Sean doesn’t eat breakfast at home very often because he’d rather go get a free hot yummy meal from the hospital cafeteria.

Grandpa helping the cuties swing:

I don’t think I ever shared these awesome pics of the swingset getting home:

That just looks a little scary to me!

Making bread, yum!!!

My mom found these cute shoes on sale by her work and couldn’t pass them up. They really are so cute! Also the chocolate on her chin is pretty cute too!

We had to go to Petsmart this morning to get a new light for the fish tank and we stopped by to see the dogs, cats, birds, and rodents. Alana was particularly giddy. This little girl just love love loves animals! Elroy is her favorite thing ever and she tends to smother him on a daily basis. She has no fear of him or any other dog, which makes me a little nervous because all dogs aren’t as gentle and patient as Elroy. She is almost 20 months old now, says more than 50 words (her favorite being ya), loves to eat oatmeal, and makes me smile daily. She is so inquisitive about life. She has started doing this really cute thing where she will say one word and then jabber on as if she was telling me a whole story. She wants to talk a lot! She is loving books. Almost every time I find her she has her nose in a book and if she sees me while that book is in her hand it is automatically reading time! She loves her little people princesses and has been tucking in her bears and giving them cake in bed. She is such a little mother. Its funny to see the difference in the way Brett and Alana play. We showed Alana Frozen again a few weeks ago and she is particularly obsessed with Olaf and Anna. We bought her a little Anna doll and she loves to sing “Do you want to build a snowman” while holding her. We also showed her Tangled last week and she thought the hair was amazing! She kept pointing at her hair and then at the screen. She has really started hating getting her hair done, but it is getting to a point where it really needs to be pulled back. She is sleeping so well through the night and is going down so easy. She loves to explore the house, I found a teddy bear from my moms room in the hall the other day with earbuds in its ears =)

Living in a house is a lot more work than an apartment, but it is so so nice! I have been spending tons of time in the yard trying to get things weeded and trimmed. Its a lot of fun and still needs a lot more work since all the efforts were put toward the basement this last Spring. I cleaned bathrooms this morning and cleaned 3 toilets. There is a lot more carpet to vaccuum and a lot more tile to scrub. Its funny though because I don’t feel like things get dirty nearly as fast as they did in our little apartment. I taught the young women again on Sunday and felt like my lesson went a lot better. Hopefully I will keep improving teaching 13 year old girls =) Luckily they are really amazing young ladies! Sean led the choir in their first number on Sunday and the kids and I joined him. It was kinda crazy because I went a practiced but I didn’t grab the music for the performance so I didn’t know the words, oh well! Life is good and we are happy =)
I love your life updates! I'm so excited for Sean doing delivery and such! That's sounds so exciting! You guys are moving up in the world!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful and happy life you're living up in Utah! Love the 2 different swings and Brett and Lana enjoying their popsicles--Elroy is one of a kind!! and it's pretty neat you were able to fit in that playset equipment in the car-wow!
ReplyDelete