Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It's finally March!

So I think we finally figured out the situation with our car. After it was towed into the Big O, they worked on it for a long time and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the poor thing. I guess someone accidentally pushed on something while they were looking at something else and they were able to finally diagnose the problem as the fuse box. They fixed that and didn’t charge us a thing, which was amazingly kind of them! Cap’t Jack has been running fine since we got it back last week and we are so so grateful! Last week on Wednesday, Sean had his day off so we went to the Museum of Curiosity at Thanksgiving Pointe. We went to a place called the Pizza Studio first which was super delicious! Then we played at the museum for a couple hours before heading back home. Both the kids, especially Brett, loved the ropes course. I haven’t been able to take them on it for several months and they were so excited to go with Daddy. Brett was a pro at this rock climbing wall.
  thumb_IMG_4337_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Up high!
  thumb_IMG_4342_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Building in the block room, Sean and I were so impressed with Brett’s ability to interact with other kids this day. One boy started climbing on something he shouldn’t and Brett just looked at him and said he didn’t think it was a good idea. Brett has really good judgment and courage!
  thumb_IMG_4343_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Alana did great making her tower so so tall with Daddy!
thumb_IMG_4345_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
My Dad’s birthday was on Saturday and it was a really fun day. Sean had to work and we missed him a lot! The rest of us woke up and had a lazy morning playing with toys, reading books, and watching Wild Kratts. The kids had a great time giving Grandpa (and opening for him) his gift. They got him Hotel Transylvania 2. They also enjoyed sharing the pistachios and Boston Baked Beans my mom got for him (although I don’t think either of them liked them). We went to the mall to look for some Uggs for Baby Lizzie and got pretzels and frosting. My favorite part was walking through Dillard’s and listening to Brett sing Follow the Prophet loudly =) We had a quite afternoon and then in the evening our favorite babysitter Bailey came over to watch Brett and Alana. My parents and I drove up to a restaurant called Ruby River and Sean was able to meet us there. We had a fun birthday dinner with Grandma, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Linda. My favorite part of the meal was the “jacketed baked potato” , they take a potato and bake it, then batter and deep fry it. Amazing!! On Sunday we went to church and the kids were very excited to go to their classes. We sent this pic to daddy at work =)
thumb_IMG_4355_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
After church, the kids and I frosted Grandpa’s birthday cake:
  thumb_IMG_4357_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Everyone kept teasing grandpa that he was turning 75 instead of 57:
thumb_IMG_2844_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
These three love any excuse for cake and party hats!
thumb_IMG_2849_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg thumb_IMG_2852_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2854_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2862_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2863_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2866_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2874_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2878_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpgthumb_IMG_2880_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Monday was Sean’s last day at the children’s hospital and we were all so glad. It has truly been an amazing experience for him and he has learned so so much! But 12-13 hour shifts 6 days a week were really hard for all of us. We are so grateful Sean never got sick, even with the severe lack of sleep and abundance of stress! The kids and I played with our friends Kirsten and Reagan on Monday. This picture is actually from last week when we fed animals at a farm:
thumb_IMG_4361_1024-2016-03-2-09-59.jpg
Yesterday was Sean’s first day working with behavioral health. I think he will really enjoy this month with his background in phycology! Also he was home for dinner last night! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. The picture with your dad and Alana looking at each other at the table is priceless! I love it! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your car is working again!

    ReplyDelete