The day after Lizzie came home was Monday and Sean needed to return to work. Lizzie also needed to go into the doctor for a bilirubin check. I have decided to take the kids into Sean’s clinic since we will be living closer soon, for now its a half hour drive though. I did my best to pack enough stuff for all the kids and we headed off right after Brett finished with preschool. Her appointment was at 11:40, so after we got her blood drawn (where she cried and Brett tipped over a tray so he cried, and Alana wanted to be held so she cried) we were all hungry. We walked down to the cafeteria, which is really far from clinic when you just had a baby and have to tote 3 kids. We ate lunch and I realized Lizzie needed to be woken to eat and i hadn’t pumped like I should have and I was hurting and tired and the kids were tired and the car was super far away and I didn’t think I could carry the carseat all that way. I texted Sean to see if he could come help us after his noon conference, he said yes and met us as I was about to use a wheelchair as a stroller. When I saw Sean is when I started crying, silly hormones! We got in the car and were driving home when Alana’s sippy cup fell on the floor and caused her to scream the entire way home. What an eventful morning! At least Lizzie looked cute:
Tuesday was a new day. I was able to have a few really good nursing sessions with Lizzie and the kids woke up happy and wanting to hold their sister.
We went for a walk which was really fun!
Alana got tired at the end and climbed in the stroller while I held Lizzie, I think i’ll bring the double stroller next time.
She LOVES this little rock and play thing!
On Wednesday, Alana wanted her hair in this pretty hair tie and I thought she looked so grown up!
Brett went to preschool and I decided I wanted to do Lizzie’s newborn pictures. I got lots of things cleaned up, picked up Brett from school, let the kids watch Wild Kratts while I got started on Lizzie’s pictures, then sent them upstairs to play wii while I finished. The pictures took a long time, but I think we got some really good ones. All that technology had some disastrous consequences on the mood of Brett especially. He has really been struggling with life since Lizzie has been born. He adores her and loves to talk to her, but the changes are really hard for him. He gets angry and throws lots of tantrums. Its actually quite bad, but we are working with him.
Here are a few of the pictures I got:
I don’t remember what we did Thursday, but Lizzie wore these cute jammies that both Brett and Alana wore.
On Friday, Brett had school and then we went to the library. It was a lot of fun to pick out some new books and then get to play with the train toys at the library. My mom has been such a help with holding Lizzie and being a extra set of hands with the kids! Alana is such a little mother and loves to hold and help Lizzie with everything!
Brett got a new haircut=)
On Saturday we went to the mall to get some new shoes. The kids had fun running around and Lizzie enjoyed trying out the bjorn for the first time!
Sean went in the ER to do a shift in the afternoon/evening. We sacked out on the couch and watched Frozen. Alana fell asleep which she hasn’t done while watching a show in a really long time! She doesn’t really take naps anymore so sometimes she just collapses I guess.
We’ve been doing a lot of play dough lately!
Lizzie had gotten a little fussy so we got out the swing again. She likes it, although she would rather be held =)
On Sunday we took turns going to church so Lizzie could stay home. We also got out Alana’s big girl bed! She’s done great with the transition and seems to feel really happy about being a big girl. Now to tackle potty training in the next few months!
On Monday, I woke up and felt super sick to my stomach and dizzy! Sean was planning to work till 10 pm and I was trying to be brave so I didn’t tell him how awful I felt. My dad took Brett to school and my mom watched the girls while I slept. Lizzie had been really fussy the night before so I thought maybe I just needed sleep. When I woke up an hour later, I felt worse. I took my temperature and it was 100 so I texted Sean to ask if I could have an infection. He told me to call my doctor. The doctor suspected a mastitis or uterine infection and prescribed augmenton. I called Sean at about 4 and of course in that moment I started crying, Alana started crying, Brett got upset and started screaming and hitting me in the head and Lizzie was screaming for milk. I told Sean that we’d be fine, through sobs. I was trying so hard to be brave, but then he was super confused because he didn’t really know how rotten I felt. He called my mom who told him to come home, which we were all very grateful for! The combination of my hormones, feeling absolutely awful, Lizzie being fussy and unconsolable, and Brett falling apart every 5 minutes was more than I could take! Luckily Tuesday was a new day, and I felt quite a bit better, although not all the way.
Brandon and Michal had come in to town on Monday night so we went to Provo on Tuesday to swim with our family. I got to sit with baby Lizzie and baby Carter (6months old) while Brett and Alana swam with all their cousins and uncles and aunts. It was a super fun outing for them!
When I put Alana’s suit on, I realized it was way too small. I didn’t feel up to running to the store, so we just pulled it up like this and put her puddle jumper over the top. She now has a new suit =)
Mom and Dad P came into town on Wednesday and we spent the week going back and forth to Provo. Everyone helped with my kids and I got some rest in between visiting and running around. Lizzie had her 2 week check on Thursday and Mom and Dad P came to the clinic to see where Sean works. Lizzie was 8lbs 6 oz so she’s gaining weight nicely and is perfectly healthy!
We love Kaden and Lexi’s dress ups!
We went to the tulip festival on Thursday I of course forgot my stroller and it was really hot, but super beautiful. After the tulips we went over to the curiosity museum.
Brian and Jill came into town on Friday, so Friday night we all had a BBQ at Neil and Rebecca’s house. It was so fun to see all the brothers (except Eric-sad!) play ping pong and watch all the kids play together.
Lizzie in her new onesie that Papa drew for her. She threw up all over it later that night, eww!
Kaden was excited to hold Baby Lizzie!
On Friday night my sister came into town to attend Lizzie’s baby blessing. It was a wonderful week full of family!

Your new born photos are beautiful!!! You did a fantastic job!! Poo on those hormones and all the tears they bring!! Luckily you have such a great support group that's got your back.
ReplyDeleteUmmm . . . like I said when we got together, you seriously don't know how to take it easy. Honestly, good for you. You actually seemed really happy. So, at least the tears don't seem to be getting you down for long :)
ReplyDelete