I have been wanting to make some seasonal pillows for our couch. I bought some pillow forms on a great sale then some fabric a few weeks back. I was really hoping to get the patriotic ones done before July was over. So one Saturday, I got my machine out and started sewing. I made them as slipcovers so I can switch them out seasonally. Brett and Alana were both super interested in my sewing and they each helped me make a small pillow for their stuffed animals with the leftover fabric.
We went to Kid to Kid to find a jumper for Lizzie. She likes it but doesn’t quite get it yet. Maybe in a few weeks =) I think part of whats so horrifying about it is that Brett and Alana try to “help” her jump!
I was setting up the air mattress in Lizzie’s room for Papa and Mimi to come stay and Brett helped Lizzie.
Playing with neighbors.
Papa and Mimi came! Brett and Alana were so excited, but they had a hard time understanding when Papa and Mimi and Daddy all left after just one morning for Idaho. Sean and his parents drove up to Rexburg to see Brian and Jill graduate.
We have gotten to babysit some fun friends lately!
More water fun!
Last Friday we went to City Creek to play with Kaity, Sam, Jared, my mom, and Papa and Mimi. We had lots of fun!
Later Friday night we went to Memory Grove for some family photos and a picnic. Dad P stood behind the tripod and made everyone look at the camera and smile! The results were awesome!
Lizzie is switching over to 3-6 month clothes and its fun to see her in all her cute new outfits.
On Saturday morning Mom and Dad P watched the kids while Sean and I went couch shopping. My rocking chair has been slowly falling apart and we have been feeling that we need to add some more seating to our front room.
We found this couch at RC Willey and brought it home in our mini van. Its really comfortable and was a great deal =)
Neil and Rebecca came on Saturday afternoon but they needed to run off to do an errand so Kaden and Lexi got to stay and play.
Brian and Jill got to come too and we had yummy pulled pork sandwiches and played a new game called Goat Lords.
On Sunday Papa had to head back to New Mexico and then after church we went to Mom and Dad Z’s house for smoked ribs, water fun, and fire works.
Jared was so kind to light the fireworks. He put them on the ladder and it made all the fountains look really cool. We put an aerial one up there later in the evening though and that wasn’t so cool when it went shooting into us =) Oh well it made for fun stories to tell Sean who had gotten called away to deliver a baby.
Brett got a new Star Wars book from Kaity for his birthday and Mimi got to read to the kids for 45 min the next morning =)
Brett has tumbling class on Mondays and he was so excited to show have Mimi come and watch him.
Here he is first thing in the morning with his star wars book.
On Tuesday, Mimi had to leave to help Brian and Jill move to Minnesota, so we went to the Curiosity museum with Rebecca, Kaden , and Lexi.
Brett and Alana love to share their toys with Lizzie:
alana’s hair has gotten really hard to manage lately, so the other night I talked her into letting me take a few inches off.
It looks so cute and is SOOO much easier to comb now!
Tummy time on my bed
The kids and I tried a new recipe for smores cookies yesterday and they were AMAZING! Here’s a link to the recipe if you are interested =) http://www.iheartnaptime.net/smores-cookies/print/
We went to the dinosaur museum this morning:
Baby Lizzie fell asleep on the floor =)
When I was a beehive I remember going to one activity in particular where my leader Anita shared a story with us about the Spirit prompting her about a calling. She said that she was in the Relief Society and was trying to pray to understand what to do next in her calling and she couldn’t get an answer. I think she said she felt like a change was coming. Then a few weeks later she was called to be in the YW presidency. I had never really listened to stories like this before and it really touched me! I thought Anita was a spiritual giant and wondered if I would ever receive promptings like that. When we lived in Albuquerque I started to feel like I was going to be called to be in the YW presidency, but I thought it was probably just wishful thinking since it sounded like fun to work with the girls and leaders in that ward. A few weeks later I was called as first counselor in the YW presidency. When we first moved to this ward I kept thinking I was going to be called to the Relief Society, I even wondered about the presidency but didn’t really think that made any sense. Then a few weeks ago I got called in to serve as the 2nd councilor in the RS. I am humbled, overwhelmed, excited, and scared all at the same time! I look back at my 11 year old self and think how cool it is that the Spirit speaks to me just as it spoke to Anita. I don’t think i’m any kind of spiritual giant or anything, I just know that Heavenly Father has chosen to prepare me for these 2 callings, for which I am very very grateful =)

WOW! What fun adventures! Those cookies look amazing! I can't wait to try out the recipe!
ReplyDeleteI really like the family pictures. I'm excited for your new calling!
ReplyDelete