The first weekend in October we got a ton of visitors! Papa and Mimi arrived on Thursday afternoon and Sam and Kaity arrived Thursday evening.
Mom and Dad P stayed with Neil and Rebecca Thursday so we headed out to Vineyard for some pizza, visiting, and playing. We love going to Kaden and Lexi's house!
On Friday, Brett had his early day at school so Lana, Lizzie and I went to Costco to grab a few things, then we got home just in time to meet Sam, Mom, and Kaity. Alana and Kaity went upstairs to play and Sam immediately took over feeding Lizzie. I love that Sam will just take over with caring for the baby because I am terrible at asking or giving anyone else an opportunity! Lizzie loved Sam and was thrilled to get yummy food from her!
We all crammed into the van and headed over to get Brett from school. Brett thought it was awesome that Kaity picked him up. This is the best picture I could get while walking through a busy parking lot and trying to keep three little safe. (I probably really shouldn't have been taking a picture!)
We went to a place called waffle love and I fell in love! Mom got this peach and cookie butter one.
Alana and I shared this banana and cookie butter one, Brett and Kaity got chick fil a, and Sam got a cinnamon roll one and a grilled cheese sandwich one. They were all amazing! I can't wait to take Sean there! After we ate there Sam, Mom and Kaity came back to the house to play for a bit before they had to go up to Aunt Lucille's. It was such a wonderful time sitting with my mom and sister and chatting about neighbor Christmas gifts and hand moisterizer. I wish those moments could happen a lot more often.
That night Neil and Rebecca and Mom and Dad came up to our house for dinner. I made a pork roast and a disappointing peach pie. Oh well! The pie also made a huge mess in the oven which Mom P cleaned for me! The kids had lots of fun and we enjoyed visiting together and hearing a lesson Mom P has been teaching to the youth leadership in their Stake. Sean had to work late and got home about 10 minutes after everyone left. The next morning Mom and Dad P drove up early and Mom and Dad Z drove up early too to go to Brett's last soccer game. It was a really cold morning!
Brett was a superstar and loved every minute of his soccer season! He especially got into defense the last few games and was a big fan of guarding the goal.
Some of Brett's team:
After the game we went over to Kneaders for some delicious breakfast. Brett and Alana had cookies =)
We went home and the kids had baths, I worked on my RS lesson, Mom P cleaned my oven, and Dad P took a nap.
Later that afternoon we headed out to Springville to go to an awesome Pumpkin Patch. It was a lot of fun!
Sean, Lizzie and I went in the corn maze.
Tractor ride
Neil and Rebecca had to go get some family pictures so the rest of us went to waste time at BYU. We then met a Wingers for dinner and wandered the mall for a bit.
Mom and Dad P had rode with us down south so they rode with us back up to our place to spend the night. Papa sat in the very back between Brett and Alana and watched Inside Out with them on the way home =) Sean was only able to come to the first 20 minutes of church on Sunday before heading off to work so I was super grateful to have Mom and Dad P there to help Lizzie while I taught Relief Society. It was really nice to prepare for the lesson, I taught on President Uchdorfts talk on Faith.
I've been practicing my braiding skills. Alana is getting so much better at letting me do her hair. She just likes braids every day =)
On Sunday afternoon we went to Uncle Brian's house and made spaghetti there. It was a lot of fun to see Uncle Brian.
The following Tuesday we went to a financial seminar specifically for medical residents and young doctors. We learned lots of things and my mind was pretty blown as he kept mentioning numbers and percentages. We even opened a Roth IRA today, haha.
The seminar was at Gardner Village and I loved the Harry Potter themed decor!
That night Sean woke up with a terrible stomach bug and ended up having to take his first sick day from work. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him snuggled in our bed with a ton of layers on, drinking a juice box, and watching Ninja Turtles! It was cute!
Alana, Lizzie, and I went to Joannes one day while Brett was at school. We met my mom there and then went to the bakery after to get treats. Lizzie liked the frosting.
One day Alana fell asleep on Sean and it was really cute...until she peed on him =)
One afternoon Sean sent me off to the DMV so I could finally get my Utah drivers license. I had to take the written exam and it was really brutal even though it was open book. Its been 7.5 years since I've taken a test. I got 100% though!!! Later that night we went to the nickelcade to play a little since Sean had taken the kids to get flu shots while I was at the DMV.
Lizzie not only got her flu shot but her 6 month immunizations and the next day she was wiped out, poor thing. She had a fever and only wanted to be held by me all day long.
Sean had to work that day so the kids and I went to my Grandma's b-day party even though poor Lizzie felt so sick! It was so wonderful to be in my Grandma's house with 3 of my cousins that I don't get to see very often. My Grandma isn't doing great and it makes me long for all the Rigatoni Sunday's, Superbowl parties, and Christmas Eves in that house with it bursting with people and love!
Here is a baricade I made to keep Lizzie away from the train tracks while Brett was playing.
I finally started letting Lizzie sleep with a stuffed animal. She loves this little bear from her Grandma Z.
Sean has weird shifts this month so he's off a lot during the week and working a lot on the weekends and at night. He was off this Tuesday so we went to Costco with the girls while Brett was in school and Alana was feeling really yucky. She slept in till 10 AM that morning which was strange but I thought she was just catching up on sleep. She asked to be held which she never does and then spent the entire time snuggling with mostly me. Near the end she fell asleep in my arms. Poor girl!
Yesterday I was feeling kinda crummy stomach wise and was glad to make it to an art gallery tour in Park City for enrichment. Today Brett's been feeling crummy. Hopefully tomorrow will have everyone feeling good and happy!
Lizzie had her 6 month well child check today and is doing so well! (although she is finally starting to have some trouble sleeping, little stinker. I know you can do a 12 hour stretch!) She is meeting all the developmental milestones she should be and is growing well. She was 26 inches long and 16 pounds. Exactly in the 50%. Sweet Lizzie Jean
Summer-part 2
4 days ago










































We loved our visit and being able to do things with your family and Neil and Beck's as well!! Love the photo of the 3 cousins walking together. Brett is an awesome soccer player and goal defender. It was fun to see how much the kids enjoyed playing in the corn--to me it felt like quicksand =-) Thanks for joining us to visit Brian-your homemade spaghetti sauce is the best! Gardner Village looks like a great place--i was wondering if the cute Harry Potter themed light switches helps people remember to turn them off? and platform 9 3/4! and all the financial stuff I have no idea what that's about but I'm glad they're explaining it to you guys. Love Lana's braids, Lizzie's red nose in the bath tub and Brett at the arcade (and talking to him on the phone about all the things he has learned at school)--good way to top off a flu shot day =-) So sorry Sean and kids got sick =-( Glad you got your UT drivers license though!! Very effective barricade!!--I built a few in my day too. Loved your pork roast dinner--all of it including dessert!!!!!!! Love Lizzie Jean in her pjs and her love of shoes. Hope you're enjoying a beautiful fall!!
ReplyDelete