We made the kids some chicken nuggets one Sunday for lunch and then went upstairs to chat and change, we came down to find Brett and Alana encouraging Lizzie to rub ranch dressing all over her face! It was cute and also very messy!
On January 7th we celebrate Uncle Brett Day. This year it fell on a Sunday so we had my mom and dad over for dinner and our traditional balloon release. Brett, Alana, Lizzie, and Mom Z got a balloon and they each said a wish as they sent their balloon up in the air. We ate a delicious cake and sang happy birthday.
January 7 was also the first Sunday that we have 9 am church. We have really been looking forward to this for lots of reasons. Its better for Lizzie's nap and it makes it a lot easier for Brett and Alana to not have to wait around all morning for church to even start. It also makes snacks at church a lot more simple because we don't go right through lunch. When we got home that fist Sunday though, Brett was in a crappy mood and Sean and I both felt like it was a day to make a point. We told him if he couldn't be kind and respectful he wouldn't be allowed to play with friends. We had to follow through and it was really crappy. The next Sunday was better and last Sunday was even better. It is so hard to find a balance between understanding that each child has his/her own feelings and desires and also demanding respect and kindness.
Lizzie was standing on Sean's shoes during family home evening one night and it was really cute.
Alana and Lizzie are the best little friends and Alana loves to read the wheels on the bus to Lizzie.
We babysat our friend Afton one night and it was fun to see all the kids pile up in their pajamas =)
A view from Sean's office:
My great great Aunt Lucille wanted to take the kids shopping for some new outfits at Fashion Place mall. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory to start and had a fun time visiting while we waited for our food. Lizzie was really tired and had a great time entertaining herself with bear.
After lunch we walked down to the Janie and Jack store and got some cute outfits for the kids. Brett chose a really great sweater with a train on it that is perfect for church. Alana tried on lots of dresses and ended up getting a very pretty cream sweater dress. Lizzie also tried on a few things and ended up getting a little dress that is somewhere in between a sailor dress and a tennis dress. Alana was trying on dresses while Aunt Lucille was in the restroom so I tried to get pictures so Aunt Lucille could see what she looked like in them. You can easily tell the one she was comfortable in and the others that she didn't like.
Last Saturday we woke up to snow! It has been an unusually warm winter so far and the kids were pretty excited about such an awesome snowfall. We got them all suited up and Sean went out with them, he was unfortunately on call all weekend so I needed to help out as well. It was cold and deep, but very fun to see the kids so happy in the snow!
After tumbling class one day on the way to the car, I just love when the kids want to hold each others hands!
My mom made us this gorgeous quilt for Christmas and she let me use the leftover fabric to make some new pillows to match.Brett put together his ninjago lego set from Christmas.
The forts from Santa have been a huge success!
Brett has been saving his money in hopes of getting a hatchimal. He has been loving playing with cars lately too, so I took a pic of this cool toy from Walmart, he liked it a lot and said he'd rather get it than the hatchimal. He bought it on Saturday and is NOW saving for his hatchimal. Alana bought some cute ponies, and Lizzie got a little stuffed kitten.
Brett has been reading chapter books which I find to be so cute!
Alana at the balance beam in tumbling class. It is scary for her but she is doing a great job at trying it and being brave.
I got my hair cut last week, I think I took between 5-6 inches off!
My sister became a consultant for Jamberry nails and she had me try out some gels at her house. I really liked them and decided to order my own set. I got to do Alana's nails last week and it was so fun!
Brett was feeling sad when Sean and I went on a date to see the Greatest Showman. We asked him if he felt left out and he said yes so we decided the kids needed some dates too. Last Thursday, Brett and I went to Barnes and Noble and bought some chapter books for him. Then we went to Sub Zero to get some ice cream. We had so much fun chatting about all kinds of things. It was really nice to have so much one on one time with him.
The next morning Alana wanted to go on a date too. We dropped Brett off at school then went to Barnes and Noble where she got to pick out some coloring books. We went to the cafe there and Alana got cupcake and Lizzie got a cookie. It was fun to hang with the girls and I think they felt special getting to go on a date too!
Last Friday afternoon, Papa and Mimi came over. They played with the kids, colored with the kids and Papa and Brett had a fun round of Battleship. We ate hamburgers for dinner then said good bye. Its really fun to have them so close!
While Brett and Sean were outside finishing building their snow forts, the girls and I made some cookies.
I love seeing all the fun and creative work that both Brett and Alana bring home from school.



































No comments:
Post a Comment