Friday, February 16, 2018

Valentines 2018

We were looking for the actual address of Foothill to put on a form for our mortgage and when we pulled up the home page look who's picture is front and center!! 
 For Valentines Day I told Sean to buy some new headphones for himself like the ones he got me for Christmas. They are awesome for running and he's been getting up early every morning to run. He asked what I wanted and I told him I wanted a white rose =) I ended up getting a stomach bug last Thursday and was still feeling pretty tired by Saturday. Sean didn't wake me up till 9 AM! Then he and the kids cleaned the bathrooms! I told him that was the best Valentines present he could ever get me!
 On Saturday we had our first play at Hale Center Theater. It was in the new building in the Jewel Box theater and it was so fun! For some reason I had thought the play started at 1, but when we got there to pick up our tickets it had already started at 12:30. They said you really need to see the first half hour to understand whats going on, so they were kind enough to give us two tickets to the 4 o clock show. My parents were kind enough to be willing to watch the kids at 4 as well. We headed back to their house and I took the kids to Target and Sean helped my dad rip out some carpet, then we headed back to the theater. The show was about a man who started frauding the disability branch of social security and had been successful for two years until one fateful day when it all blew up! We laughed so so hard!


Last Sunday I was released as the second counselor in the Relief Society and it was a very bittersweet feeling. I have loved serving in this ward and have learned SO much. I got sustained as the new program maker for the next 2 months, so that will be a new challenge =) Sunday afternoon we drove out to our new house to walk through it and imagine where we will put things. The kitchen is just so big and we are really excited to have more space to spread out! Lizzie loved playing peek a boo through the railing! After we drooled over our new dwellings we drove out to Mom and Dad P's for a quick visit. We chatted and played with toys, then had some chicken sandwiches and waffles for dinner. It really is so nice to live so much closer to them!
 On Tuesday night the kids filled out their Valentines for their classmates. It was fun to help them!
 On Wednesday (Valentines Day), I ran Brett to school and dropped off the party supplies with his teacher. Then Alana, Lizzie, and I ran home to clean up the kitchen after breakfast and get ready for tumbling. Alana went to tumbling class, then we rushed over to the church so that Alana and Lizzie could join playgroup and I ran up to Brett's school for his party. We played a fun game of Bingo with cool prizes, then we let the kids pass out all their Valentines. Then we had them wash up and decorate their sugar cookie. They took their cookies with them to lunch. They were all so cute and so excited!

 That night we made hamburger and hot dogs and then had a chocolate fondue for dessert! A few weeks before Valentines Day I was thinking to my self that it would be fun to do fondue with the kids. Then a girl from our playgroup posted on our facebook wall that she had a fondue pot that had never been opened that she was giving away! I said we'd take it! It is actually a really nice fondue pot and we will most definitely recreate this dessert! Brett and Sean and Dad Z's favorite thing to dip was the cake, mine and moms was the strawberry's and bananas, Alana's was the marshmallows (not dipped at all) and Lizzie prefered to just eat the chocolate with a spoon!



 Our Valentine tradition is that everyone in the family has a mailbox and we give each other love notes and treats every day. I like to hang up all the hearts to show the love we share =)




 Alana has been really good at doing puzzles lately! Lizzie likes to try doing them too =)
 I have really been enjoying the gel nails from jamberry that I bought! Its fun to get a pretty manicure that stays for a long time without having to take the time to go to the salon!
PS, in addition to the awesome sleeping in and bathroom cleaning, Sean still bought me a white rose, a new vase, and some salted caramel ben and jerry's!


1 comment:

  1. Love your mani. Brian got me a mint color gel for Valentine's Day and I'm excited to use it.

    ReplyDelete