Lizzie is so into stuffed animals and dolls and being the mom and imaginary play. She has the most fun ideas about how to play with toys and is so cute to watch putting her stuffed animals or dolls to sleep or feeding them. She has a pink penguin and she says "where's my pink one penguin?" or "where's my beargoo?" She has also taken to saying "I NEED my milk" haha!
I made her a Minnie Mouse apron which I think turned out really cute!
On the last day of summer vacation for Brett I thought we should do something fun. I was kinda out of energy and done thinking up fun things to do. I suggested we go to the zoo which Brett didn't want and then a splash pad which Alana didn't want. So we decided to just stay home. The kids got to make sugar cookies. I gave each one some flour a bunch of dough and a rolling pin and let them go to town. It was really fun for them because usually I micro manage everything, but these were purely fun cookies and the kids made them as thick or thin as they wanted. They had a ton of fun!
I love this next picture so much because it shows Brett feeding cookie dough to his stuffed animals. He may be a 7 year old who goes to 2nd grade, but he's still my little boy!
Brett's birthday was on the first day of school. He decided to open his presents at breakfast. We had cinnamon rolls and put streamers all over his bedroom door and chair at the table. He got some history books and why book, a pokemon card game trainer kit, and a pikachu jacket.
Here he is rushing up to the line. The traffic was worse than I expected so we weren't as early as I wanted to be. We got there in time though =) He was nervous and excited!
We went and picked him up and Lizzie fell asleep in the car. She wouldn't wake up and we were going to have pizza so I didn't need to make any dinner, so we snuggled and it was wonderful!
We had Grandma and Grandpa and Papa and Mimi over for dinner. We had little ceasars pizza, crazy bread, croutons and salad, and grapes. We then opened a few more presents from Grandma and Grandpa (LEGO dragon!) and from Alana and Lizzie (the starter pokemon stuffed animal: pikachu, squirtle, bulbasor, and charmander). And a fun Joke book from Brandon and Michal's family and a Yoda star fighter from Sam, Jared, and Kaity =) Then I put all the sweets together from the last several days on a platter and we sang Happy Birthday. I think it was overall a great birthday for our awesome 7 year old! We are just so proud of all he is doing and so so happy to have him as our boy! Here is his birthday video:
We decided kind of last minute that we actually really wanted to put in our grass this fall so that it will be all set for next spring and so the mud doesn't drive us insane! The first step was to get a bigger patio. We had a guy come out and do a little area for our garbage cans and our patio. He and his son were awesome workers and it was so cool to watch them work!
We had that done on a Friday and then had a guy come give us a quote for doing the lawn and sprinklers that night. He said he charges $750 per valve and since we wanted a garden area we would need three zones, so three valves. He also said that he would need to drive his trucks across our neighbors lawn and it would rip it all up. He said he would fix whatever damage he caused, but it still made me nervous! His final quote was $3000. We poured over our budget that night and tried to decide if it was worth it to have it done. We talked about how it would be so nice to have someone else do it and how it was totally worth the extra $1000-$1500! We were all set and I texted the guy the next morning to let him know we wanted him to do the job. Saturday morning came and we needed to rip out our garden boxes to get the yard all ready for the guy to come trench. As we were out there working I kept thinking, "this isn't so hard, we can do this!" After talking with Sean and looking at numbers again we decided we should do it ourselves. My dad came out that night and we started drawing up a plan.
The kids have been loving having sleepovers on the weekends in each others rooms. They are a ton of fun, but no one gets much sleep! On Saturday morning the kids watched Boss Baby and Alana snuggled up to Brett and dozed for a few minutes.
Lizzie decided to be a lion =)
This is the way Lizzie insisted on sleeping for several nights. All the stuffies tucked into her bed and then she would sack out on the pillow above them.
I just love all sleeping kid pictures!
Brett finished his Ninjago Dragon mech on Sunday and was so proud!
We have learned that not only does he love legos, he can become obsessed and refuses to do anything else. He had them put in timeout this past weekend for that reason and has been much better at putting them down when we ask him to this week.
Alana had her first day at Discovery Tree preschool! She was a little nervous, but she ended up loving it! She came home so excited and telling me that she wished school was longer.
The kids are getting more in the habit of waiting at the bus stop. Brett rode the bus on the second day of school and Sean drove to the school to make sure he got there ok, then I went and made sure he got on the bus ok after school. Since then he has been great riding the bus each day. I take him and some neighbors to the bus stop each morning and the neighbor picks up Brett each afternoon and brings him home. On Friday afternoons I bring all the kids home and the neighbors stay here for awhile.
Alana's school is in a little industrial area, but I love how they have set up the outside to look like a cute little school house.
We have fallen in love with a youtube station called Art for kids hub. Alana does several art lessons every day. One evening she and I did a my little pony and I was impressed with both of our drawings.


































No comments:
Post a Comment