Friday, March 29, 2019

March 2019

The basement project is 99.5 percent finished =) We still have some caulking and touch up work to do, but I think my parents are enjoying it quite a bit! 
as they were installing the carpet

we got the furniture moved down. there are 3 separate spaces, bedroom, living room, and office sewing room. 



 When the plumbers came to install the vanity and toilet, I didn't think to tell them where to put it because I thought it was obvious with the way we had the electrical plugs. I was wrong. They put it in the wrong spot and it looked funny with the way we had planned it. I thought I would just leave it because I didn't want to bother them, but Sean encouraged me to tell them to fix it! I'm so glad we did because it looks way better and I need to learn to say what I want =)


 The girls really enjoyed dancing around the new carpet!

I found this mirror at Lowes and really loved it! 

 Sean is great at caulking and Lizzie is a great helper!

I didn't realize how big this area was till we put a king size bed in it! 


After we moved my parents things down to the basement the kids wasted no time getting their legos in the front room!
Lizzie helps me sew sometimes! 
 Brett learned about making leprechaun traps at school, but he decided to make a home for them instead. He set it up really nice and even left some snacks in there for them.


 Alana decided to follow Brett's example and made a leprechaun home too. She made this cute picture for them too and even spelled "leprecon" herself! Invented spelling is my favorite! She is learning so much!


 The leprechauns rewarded our sweet kids with tons of chocolate gold coins spilled all over their bedrooms and the hallway as well as 5 gold dollars each! They also caused quite a ruckus with turning everything upside down!  They were very very excited!
reading in bed =)
Sean and the kids planted some seeds in little green houses to get ready for our garden. It was really fun especially because we were learning about all the parables of the sower and the wheat and tares from the Bible that week. 


 We went out and saw my parents new house, its really fun to watch it being built!

4-d movie at the aquarium


Matching St. Patricks Day outfits


Alana graduated this past week from OT and has been doing great! She cant wear whatever now, but she does have strategies to help her get through things. She has let me put her hair in a pony tail a few times while she eats syrup which I count as a huge win!

A gorgeous blanket I made for work!

I have been reading about microbladed eyebrows for a long time and decided to use some of my blanket money to do it! My eyebrows are invisable so this was really exciting for me. They have faded a lot since this picture which was the first day, but I will actually go back in a few weeks for a touch up. It hurts so I'm not looking forward to it, but 2-3 years of eyebrows are worth it to me =)

We watched Little Mermaid at Papa and Mimi's and Alana drew Ariel after. Again I LOVE the invented spelling!

Pins in stuffed animals is a big hit these days. They do it when I'm sewing, I call it acupuncture! 

Drawing in bed at night

Sean put up a contact paper in our bathroom window so we can have more light in there! 

My parents gave us garden boxes for Christmas and so last Saturday my Dad and Sean went and got the stuff and built them. Yesterday, Sean leveled them and buried them down in the ground and then we shoveled all the leftover top soil we had from last fall in to them.  Then we went to Lowes and bought more soil and filled them up. We even planted a few plants, just in time for the snow this morning, haha! Next we are going to add some bricks to frame in their area and add pea gravel around the boxes.
 


The girls helped Sean level the boxes while I was at the dentist. 

Elroy

Legos
I babysat Afton and Rowen last Friday and it was crazy hard to have so much going on. The afternoon was particularly amusing with the carpool kids and a neighbor here too! We had 8 kids in the house! I still made dinner which I think qualifies me for an award of some kind =) 


 Brett started soccer last Saturday. His games are all over South Jordan and Riverton. Like 10-15 minutes away, but the team is great and the coach is amazing!

 I let the kids each pick a blanket that I made last week. Even with my awesome discount they still cost $32 a piece for a little snuggle blanket. I can't believe how much these blankets cost and how so many people are willing to pay that!
 Here's Lizzie snuggling with her new minky =) Here hair was wet so obviously she needed her hat!
 This week Alana's class learned about the Wild West. They got to wear cowboy clothes today. She was really excited about it and worked through a lot of frustration with the way the costume felt. She ended up not being able to wear the skirt because it just felt too weird, but I was proud she wanted to go and that she didn't have a breakdown!
 One of the activities we did in OT was washing matchbox cars with shaving cream and toothbrushes. It was so fun, we recreated the experience at home today with Afton and Lizzie =)




No comments:

Post a Comment