Sunday, December 1, 2019

Fall Break and Halloween 2019

Sean gets all kinds of things from different drug reps and doctors offices, one day he got caramels and apples, so he and the girls made caramel chocolate apples. They were delicious!
 Sometimes I'm a fun mom and on Halloween morning I made jack o lantern pancakes.
 Fall break was really long this year. I'm not sure why, but it was 6 days long. Sean was able to take off a few of the days too and we had lots of family fun! On Monday, Sean did have to work so I took the kids to his office at lunch time so we could all get our flu shots. The kids were so so brave and didn't even notice when the nurse poked them. Alana especially was nervous and was so proud of herself that she didn't even notice. After we got our flu shots we went to Kneaders for lunch. The kids each picked a treat and then we got them a loaf of white bread, they were so funny gobbling down the bread with butter and talking about how it was the best bread and butter ever!






I took home 12 blankets that week to sew and it was fun to watch them pile up as I finished them. 
 We took the kids to AirBourne Trampoline park and had so much fun jumping and jumping. The kids are so brave, its really impressive to watch their flips!






 After the Trampoline park we went to the movie theater to see Abominable, which was about a girls helping the Abominable snowman baby get back home. It was really cute and we all enjoyed it!
The kids wanted to make sure Oreo was warm for one of his naps one day =)
 Another day of Fall Break we went to Petersen's Family Farm to pick out our pumpkins. The kids enjoyed the swings, slides, corn pit, and cute kitty cat.




 Oreo got a new comfy bed. I am teaching him the command "chill" where he lays down in his bed and calms down. It has been helpful and he is doing better at it. Now he is understanding the command chill even without his bed. He mostly likes to chill on the couch.
 My parents went to Oregon to visit my sister and they came back with fun prizes. Aunt Sam sent Lizzie this darling sweater and Kaity made her this necklace!
 Alana lost her first tooth. We were sitting at the table and she started shaking and freaking out at first and then she got so excited. It bled a bit, but she was just so excited. The tooth Fairy her $5!
 We went to the Daybreak Trick or Treat activity and it was a lot of fun. Lots of candy, games, and coupons.





We had our Primary Program at church and it turned out so great. Brett's teacher Kevin Labrum sent this picture of him and three of the boys in his class. Brother Labrum is the BEST! He is so great with all these boys and he often teaches while carrying one of his twins =) 
 After the primary program we had our friends the Saffrons over for dinner and pumpkin carving. Lizzie and the Saffrons opted to paint their pumpkins, the rest of us carved. Brett and Alana were so thrilled to carve their own!







I started to come down with a pretty nasty sore throat which was unfortunate with all the fun things happening Halloween week. Sean had to work Tuesday night and it was our wards Trunk or Treat. It was so cold they moved it into the gym, but we were combined with another ward and it was so so crowded! They even ran out of spoons for the soup and chili! The kids had fun and got tons of candy and I had just enough energy to make it through. Sean was bummed to miss it!






Alana was super cute sleeping in her Unicorn pajamas!
 Oreo likes to hoard his toys!
On the day of Halloween, we dropped the kids at school and then went to the Halloween parade. Lizzie had her party the day before since she didn't have school on Halloween day. 

I helped organize both Bretts and Alana's class parties. Alana's was super cute and the kids all had tons of fun. Lizzie got to go to Alana's party and had fun too! 
Since I was still feeling under the weather, Sean took the girls to the aquarium and I decided to lay down for a quick nap before I had to go to Brett's party. I set my alarm, but when it went off I pushed snooze! I had all the supplies and I was late to the party! I was only about 10 min late, but I was pretty embarrassed! It all went just fine though and the party turned out great! 
That night Brett and Alana went with the Himle kids and Sean and I took Lizzie to Thea Jone's Mary Poppins themed birthday party. Then we took Liz trick or treating. The kids got lots of candy and it was fun to especially see Brett eat All his candy over the next weeks. It was a great Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment