Its been a funny start to summer since the novelty of being at home wore off in April =) We've been trying to keep things fun though! I just dumped all the photos in because I'm lazy, so they aren't in any particular order. I'll caption as we go.
 |
| Making fresh playdough is always fun! |
 |
| Oreo made his way through the garden gate one rainy morning and dug a big hole. He was SOOOO muddy! I tried my best to lug his 42 lb body up the stairs without getting mud on the stairs or walls, but my face, arms, and clothes got pretty messy! |
 |
| We made pinatas one day. It was a lot of fun. |
 |
| Alana loves to draw with us. She and Sean drew some Wreck it Ralph pics one day and this is Alana's |
 |
| Here's Sean's Wreck it Ralph |
 |
| I loved this combination of fabrics! |
 |
| We bought fish: Here is Alana's |
 |
| Here is Lizzie's. His name is Stay up Late Charlie |
 |
| Here is Brett's, his name was King. He died and it was sad. |
 |
| Sean is a healthcare hero! |
 |
| Fun new game we got to help us do more planks. |
 |
| We went to Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. We rocked the masks! |
 |
| So many marshmallows have been made and Grandma and Grandpa's house this summer! |
 |
| snuggling!!! |
 |
| Alana, Lizzie, and Brett have been making clothes for their stuffed animals out of underwear, socks, and safety pins. |
 |
| Movie night |
 |
| We taught Brett to mow the lawn |
 |
| I told Lizzie to get dressed one morning and this is how she came down, pajamas still under the tinker bell dress. |
 |
| More Ashton Gardens |
 |
| We bought food for the Koi and it was a lot of fun to watch them fight for the food |
 |
| Masks! |
 |
| We went to a real live in person restaurant and it was fun! |


So this one is quite the story! Lizzie and Alana had our neighbor Grace over playing one Friday. They were playing in the girls room while I cut fabric in the loft. Lizzie's bed is the kind that can either be a loft or it can be a normal bed. She had just asked me to change it into a loft for her and all three girls were up on the bed playing. I heard Lizzie come in the front door crying and I was so confused. I wondered how she had gotten down there because she had just been in her bedroom. I ran down to see what was wrong and she told me she had fallen out the window. The second story window! She was walking fine and just had a scratch on her foot and elbow. I was still pretty confused because I was texting Sean to see if I should bring her into the clinic. Before he even responded I realized that of course I needed to take her in. I asked my neighbor to watch Brett and Alana and ran her over to see Sean. Sean examined her and she was completely fine. He decided to x-ray her elbow to be sure and Lizzie thought that whole experience was so fun. The x-ray tech even did an image of Lizzie beanie boo ruffy who had come with us, she also gave Lizzie chocolate. The x-ray showed a perfect elbow with no damage at all! What a miracle. She fell out the window and walked away with a little scrape. Angels were in our home that day protecting my sweet baby girl. We had a lesson about Angels on Sunday to help the kids understand what a miracle they had just experienced!


 |
| We visited Papa and Mimi and Mimi showed us how to do a fun trick |
 |
| We did out best coloring and Brett's color blindness showed through. |
 |
| We had a front porch sale |
 |
| Here's Oreo after his mud digging earlier. |
 |
| And the hole he dug |
 |
| Pinanta |
 |
| Pinata |
 |
| Pinanta |
 |
| Pinata |
 |
| Alana is obsessed with taking pictures of Oreo. |
 |
| pinata |
 |
| hammock swings |
 |
| She sure knows how to pose =) |
 |
| New swim suit for Alana |
 |
| We are participating in a summer program called Munga Punga. The kids have three projects a week. This picture is from the theme park week where the kids had to design their own them park game. Lizzie's was called toss the coin. |
 |
| Alana's game was slip the prize out. Brett did a balloon pop game. |
 |
| She doesn't do this very often anymore. I was in heaven! |
 |
| We did another puzzle and it was a hard one! Mom P was here and helped though, which is the only reason we finished. |
 |
| I signed the kids up for 2 weeks of swim lessons. Alana and Liz did great the first day, but they were horrified about putting their face under the water on day 2. They were also required to jump off the diving board into the deep end. We decided it wasn't the best choice for them and took them out of the classes. I'm not sure why I didn't include any pics of Brett, but he decided to keep going with swim He did the first week as a stingray (intermediate) and then graduated to the sharks (advanced) the next week. He will have one more week at the end of the month with the Shark class, he is very brave and working hard on dives. |
 |
| Sleepover in Brett's room |
 |
| Oreo wasn't invited. |
 |
| 4th of July puppy |
 |
| I had a hard time feeling very united with our country this Independence Day. I usually love the holiday and still enjoyed it, but it had a different flavor this year. |
 |
| As we were getting ready for fireworks the fire department drove by passing out ice cream =) |
 |
| another puzzle |
 |
| Another Munga Punga week's theme was super heros. The kids had to come up with a super hero based on their own strengths. Alana's was Kina, a super hero who solved the worlds problems with kindness and art. |
 |
| Lizzie's was Aliv. A hero who solves the worlds sharing problems with her magic wand. |
 |
| Brett had Captain Karate Climber whose arch nemesis is Captain the Floor is Lava. |
 |
| We went to a jewelry store to look at some anniversary bands for me and the kids were so fascinated by all the pretty sparkly things. Lizzie was sad at one point and Alana comforted her. |
 |
| Buying our fish. |
 |
| Sean got some new grill accessories for Father's Day and we've been enjoying them! |
 |
| The girls got out the floof on Saturday afternoon and it was such a mess!! But they had a good time =) |
 |
| More stuffed animals getting dressed up. |
No comments:
Post a Comment