We grew corn in our garden this year! It was yummy!
Lizzie decided she wanted a guinea pig and worked hard to help with Alana's and save some money. She ended up deciding she didn't want one because she didn't want to have to clean its cage or be responsible for feeding it when she was super tired. These kids have no fear when it comes to snakes! They love going to the reptile store.
Brett had fun playing sea of thieves with his friends this summer and they also discovered the game Risk. They liked having the globe out when they played for whatever reason.
Oreo loves playing with the kids. Wherever they are, he likes to be there.
I started working about a week before the kids started school. My neighbor Kari helped make sure my kids were safe and fed. I got to attend a full day orientation with the district meeting. My classroom roommate and I carpooled and she is the absolute best. Her name is Shulamith and we have so much fun together! We plan together and share lots of things. Its amazing!
I ran into Sean's cousin Heather who is also teaching kindergarten this year!
I thought this sign was ridiculous and hilarious. If you have to advertise this as a perk, something is wrong. But it is true that its hard to get a chance to use the bathroom when teaching.
Brett's birthday was the first day of school again! We decided to have his party a few weeks before school started. Sean and I went to Oregon for a wedding and we wanted to make sure he had a fun celebration with his friends. He decided he wanted to go to the space center. He picked some good friends and Sean got to do the mission with him. They all met at our house and Sean drove the boys down there. The girls are too young to be part of the mission so I took them to get their first pedicures. They LOVED them and asked if we could go back a lot. I told them I have only had 3 pedicures in my entire life, so yes we can go back, but not a lot! haha. It was just so fun to watch them get pampered!
I dropped the girls off at home and they went to a new park opening with the neighbors while I went down to the space center to take mini cheesecakes and chips. Brett and his friends beat the mission and had a great time doing it!
We had snacks and gifts on the lawn in front of the space center.
Alana and Lizzie had fun at the Butterfly Park opening.
Brett FINALLY got his expander out. Its supposed to be a simple thing where they just pop it out. It took forever and he was in major tears and the orthodontist had to do it himself because it just wouldn't come out. It was heartbreaking and he was so brave. We got chick fil a.
This was in his mouth for 9 months. We are so glad its out!
Brett has been making all kinds of awesome fun lego creations and Eli's.
I took him for his walk around the school day. We found all his classes and found his locker and I taught him how to open it. He seems so grown up! It blows my mind! Brett bore his testimony a few weeks after school started and shared that he had been having a really hard time getting his locker open. He was so grateful for so many who helped him to open his locker whenever he needed help. One day while running back to his locker during gym class he was worried because no one would be in the hall. He prayed and felt the inspiration to clear the lock more before he started. He was able to open it. Lizzie was part of a book club where they read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was so fun to read it with her everyday. After the book club, they got to go to the chocolate factory to take a tour. I was working that day, but one of my amazing neighbors took her for me. She had a great time!
Seans childhood friend Peter got married! We were so excited for him and very excited to fly out for his wedding. We left super early on a friday morning and flew out to Oregon. We rented a car, checked into our hotel and went to a session at the Temple. We had a yummy lunch, then drove out to to the wedding. Kari watched out kids for the day and then my parents picked them up around 5. They had a pizza movie night and slept over. We were back by 10 the next morning to get them =)
The temple was incredible! We have been there once before for Brian and Jills wedding, but we only saw the sealing room. The dark wood and beautiful decorations were so incredible. The Celestial room had two floors and was just so beautiful! We ate lunch at a place called Brannings. We shared a sandwich then shared a delicious peach pie.
The pie was delicious, I just wish they had warmed it up.
And I kinda wanted some of this cake!
The wedding was tucked in this little forest area. It was a beautiful ceremony and lovely party.
Their dog came to walk down the aisle!
Peter's mom had cancer and things took a turn for the worse this summer. She ended up passing away a few weeks before the wedding. They read a letter from her in the ceremony and had a lovely tribute to her there.
The cake was gorgeous!
Sean gave a toast!
Brett turned 12! I can't believe he is this grown up! He is the absolute best and I love him!
He officially started 7th grade and he is thriving in middle school! Alana started 4th grade and Lizzie started 2nd grade!
We went to Pizza Pie cafe to celebrate Brett's birthday.
The kids had a sleep over in the family room and Oreo wanted to take over the bed!
Alana bought Cookie a bumblebee halloweeen costume:I did testing for the first week and a half of school I was so excited when we finally got to start! Here is my cute team!
Our neighborhood had an end of summer party with lots of bubbles:
The first day of school was brown day because we were doing a Brown Bear unit. I got a brown bear shirt for the occasion.
We went out for some delicious ice cream to celebrate the start of school!














































































No comments:
Post a Comment