Sunday, April 21, 2024

March

 We started the month with a trip to Red Robin to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. 
Sean, Brett and Alana went skiing one last time and it looked beautiful! They went on some more rigorous runs and decided to get some helmets for next year.

Alana got her braces and expander out. It was painful and she had some tears, but she was so brave and is glad to have phase 1 behind her. 
Brett is getting taller and is creeping up on Grandma and Mimi!

Oreo is as obsessed as ever with Mimi! 
While Sean took Brett and Alana skiing, Lizzie and I went shopping for her baptism dress. We went to a temple dress store called White Elegance. She was so cute looking at all the options. 
This was the first one she tried on, but it felt too stiff. 
Then she tried this one on and it was a winner right away! The design is called icing I think, which is fitting! 
I love the bow in the back! 
Brett helped my dad get out his telescope and set it up one day. Brett has been really enjoying astronomy and had ordered his own telescope after doing lots of research to find the best one in the price range he was willing to spend. 
Brett's telescope came and he figured out how to use it pretty quickly. He loves to look at the stars and star clusters and the moon. 

We went to see Lexi in her school production of Wonka Jr. 
The Leprechauns came and built a giant barricade in front of Brett's bedroom door. 
We finally tried out the new skate park near out house. The kids thought it was great! 
Oreo developed a sore on his leg from where they put the iv in when he had his dental procedure. He wouldn't leave it alone so we kept covering it with bandage, but it got swollen one night so we put the cone of shame on him so we didn't need to bandage for a day or so. He was very offended!
We went to a dessert place called sweet rollled tacos. They take an ice cream base and put it on a super cold surface and let it freeze, then roll it into an ice cream roll and put it in a taco shaped waffle cone. It was very very yummy! 



Alana and her friend played in my classroom one afternoon while waiting for me to finish. 
At Lexi's Wonka play you could buy wonka bars. Kaden's bar had a golden ticket in it! 
We had a wellness contest at work where you could work to fill out a bingo sheet. For every bingo you got to put your name in to win 1 of several prizes. I put all my chances in to win 2 day passes to solitude. I figured Brett and Sean could use the passes and Alana has a pass for 4th graders that gets her in free (we had to pay a small amount for a pass that gets her in to every ski resort twice I think) I ended up winning!! I was so excited! So Sean made sure to get all their new helmets ordered. It ended up being really nice because it was a snowy cold day that they went and the helmets helped keep them warm! 
This never gets old and we will probably have 100 identical pictures. 



I love when Oreo puts his arm up to kinda hug us when we are petting him. 
Spring Break was the last week in March for us. On Monday I needed to enter grades and I took my mom shopping. The kids just hung out. On Tuesday we went to the Curiosity museum. Brett and Alana are kinda getting old for that place which is sad.  But we still had a great time and rode the new carousel.    






In an attempt to make Easter more special, I made an advent for the 12 days leading up to Easter. Each day we read a scripture about Jesus and had a treat. One day the treat was an oreo cake mix. The kids were very excited about that. 
We went to Letherbees for dinner one night and ate so much ice cream! Lizzie ordered a bread bowl with no soup and Brett liked it so much he ordered another to go! Alana got a cheeseburger and Sean and I shared a sandwich. We all got delicious ice cream! 


Sean took off work Thursday and Friday so Thursday they went skiing, and Friday we went to see the new kung fu panda movie! 

We also went to my friend Trish's Broadway Bingo concert as a family this year. I think the kids liked it. It was a lot of fun and Alana and I both got bingos. I won a t-shirt and culvers gift cards, and Alana won a ton of makeup =) 

Easter Sunday was beautiful! We had baskets and Church where the choir sang I know He Lives. Then we had an Easter feast at our house with Brian and Jill, Mimi, and Grandma and Grandpa. Neal and Rebecca were on a trip so we missed them this year. 
Oreo wasn't left out and got a new squeaker toy:
We made Resurrection Rolls and all the kids really enjoyed the symbolism and the sweet treat.  
My mom also made us a new Christmas quilt. She finished it in time for Easter. It is so beautiful and we love it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment