This one liked my pants!
Lizzie was a bit nervous at first but she warmed up!
This one liked Alana's shoe!
After the butterfly museum we came home and chilled then we went to uswirl for some frozen yogurt.
On Tuesday Sean had a short day at work. We were planing to head to Moab that afternoon for a few days, but the weather was going to be cold and rainy so we decided to have a staycation instead. The kids all went to friends houses to play that morning and I took my mom to the doctor and the grocery store. Sean got home at lunch time and we all hung out for awhile then went to the Herriman pool to swim. We had a great time in the lazy river =) After swimming we went to Noodles and Company for some dinner.
Sean had Wednesday off and was excited to wake up and watch the Nintendo Direct announcement that was showing off the new Switch 2. After the kids got up, we all watched it again and I did some kitchen cleaning. We got dressed and went to boondocks. We got 4 hour passes so the kids could do the high ropes course, the bumper boats, the mini golf and the go karts. Sean and I and the kids all did bowling, the dark ride, laser tag, and the arcade. It was a lot of fun!
This week I also discovered that Brett's feet are almost the same size as mine and his hands are slightly bigger!!
We had a hamburger, a pizza, chicken tenders and french fries while we bowled and it was so fun! Then we got a campfire Sunday later in the day.
We all bowled really well! Sean and Brett in particular had really high scores! Sean has had a tendonitis in his elbow recently and the bowling and golfing caught up to him a few days later.
After playing at Boondocks, we took Brett to a friends house for a party. We were pretty late so when we got there the party had moved to a local highschool. We got the address and drove Brett over. He had a great time with his friends. The rest of us came home and Alana went to Young Women's to do a survivor night and Lizzie and I made some dog bone shaped cookies for her birthday party.
On Thursday we went to Top Golf. Sean woke up and got some clinic and hospice work done. As we were driving to the top golf he got more hospice calls about existing patients and new admits. On Wednesday and Thursday, he probably had more hospice calls then ever before! We golfed and ate yummy pizza, hummus, pretzel bites, and cookie sundae. Then we decided to go straight to classic skating. We hadn't brought the kids roller blades and Alana wasn't wearing socks. We stopped at Winco and I found some socks, but when I went to buy them my debit card had expired (Winco doesn't accept credit cards and I never use my debit card) I came back to the car and told my sad tale. Brett volunteered his debit card and so I was able to go back in and get the socks. And now I have a visit to the credit union on my to-do list to get a new debit card. We made it to the classic skating and got all our skates rented. We had fun rolling around the rink. Lizzie had a skate mate that really helped her and Alana and Sean held my hand until I got accustomed to skating. I only fell once! We wore ourselves out and then headed back home.
We all had a lot of fun! It was a great time all together! Friday morning Sean went to work for a few hours and Alana woke up early to help me decorate for Lizzie's birthday. Then everyone woke up and we did cleaning and laundry and made cupcakes.
Lizzie has been talking about her birthday since last year and it was really important to her that she have a fun friend party. She chose a dog theme and we did lots of 3d prints to celebrate her new 3d printer. She named the 3d printer Chicken Nugget!
We started the party with some pizza and snacks, then we did pin the bone on the dog. We printed a variety of dogs and the kids each got to pick a dog and make a little adoption certificate for it. Then we did a white elephant game. We made a variety of 3d prints (octopuses, star fish, snakes, and axelotles). I wrapped them all and the kids got to open and steal. The axelotles were the most popular! We did a pinata in the garage and then had cake and presents. It was a very fun birthday party and Lizzie was thrilled to get some fun presents and spend time with her friends.
Saturday and Sunday were General Conference. I love General Conference weekend. I try to make it really fun and special. This year we had a locked box for four of the sessions. The kids got to open a new box with each session. Saturday morning had double stuff oreos, cinnamon sugar pretzels, and new puzzles. Saturday afternoon was a new lego set for each kid and some cream soda and donuts. Sunday morning was some new perler beads and birthday cake hostess treats and sun chips. Sunday afternoon was some new paint by stickers and sprite and more sun chips. We all enjoyed the talks and music so much! We had a visit on Saturday afternoon from Sean's MA Zoe. She is having a lot of spiritual questions right now and asked Sean for a blessing. It was a really lovely conversation with her and it reminds me how grateful I am for the Gospel in my life and for my knowledge of my Savior and His love for me and all His children. Sunday morning was fun to wake Lizzie up and have her open some gifts. Brett got her a new mom/baby dog set and Alana got her a magnetic rainbow board. Aunt Sam sent a slime kit and Sean and I got her a ton of candy, made her some 3d prints, and a Capybara stuffed animal. We watched conference and enjoyed all the candy. Sean and I ran to visit Mimi during the break which was so nice. She rode back to our house with us and watched the afternoon session. President Nelson announced 15 more temples and counseled us to be more kind and loving in our communication and to prepare for the second coming of the Savior. Then Mom and Dad Z and Brian, Jill, Xander, and Lucy joined us for some snacks and cupcakes to celebrate Lizzie more. She got a latch hook kit, a lava lamp, and a new sweater and some cash. She was very excited.
Oreo was so excited to have Winston and Watson come and play with him.
A new Nebula picture that Brett has been working on:Oreo was most excited to see Mimi! He just loves her so so much!
Our candy word game is always a hit. Love was said a lot and thus a lot of M&Ms were eaten.
We had a such a wonderful Spring Break and conference weekend. We had so much fun celebrating our dear sweet Lizzie Jean. I can't believe she is 9 years old. She is kind, strong, funny, a wonderful friend, thoughtful, and beautiful inside and out! I learn so much from her kindness and her thoughtfulness with the notes she write and the prayers she offers. She is incredible and I am so so glad I get to be her Mom! As I write this today we are all heading back to work and school. We are excited for a fun spring ahead of us!


















































No comments:
Post a Comment