Sunday, July 26, 2009

Spoiled Utahns!

This past week Sean and I wanted to go to the Temple. The Provo temple has been closed for cleaning and I was talking about how inconvenient it is to have to drive all the way to Timpanogos, Sean just looked at me until I realized what I was saying (the Provo Temple ended up being open anyway so we made our five minute drive up the hill to attend). The Petersons live in a little town in New Mexico where the nearest Temple is in Albuquerque (almost two hours away). Most members of the church don't live close enough to a temple to attend weekly, monthy, or even yearly. Some families save for a lifetime to enter a Temple once! That is unfathomable to me.

I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple and for the opportunity to attend as often as I want.

1 comment:

  1. Sean's probably too young to have been on one of the all-night bus trips to the Denver temple, but if not ask him about them, or talk to Brandon, Neil or Eric. They were something to be on. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete