So I have decided that some good habits are just as annoying as bad habits! When we got married we decided that we both had problems with flossing and we were going to change that. Every night we both drag ourselves into the bathroom for a flossing party, we both complain endlessly and talk about how much we hate it, but neither of us can forget about it. Some of the things we tell each other in response to the endless whining are: "It's good for you" "We can't afford to pay for cavities" "Our kids won't hate it this much if they see us doing it every night". With all this positive reinforcement we give one another, I still hate it!!!!
There are other good habits that drive me nuts like taking vitamins. I also discovered this morning that my good eating habits of the past few years have failed me. Sean always wants something yummy and different for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. We were out of eggs so there weren't a lot of options. I decided to make him one of my childhood favorites. My mom used to make the most amazing cinnamon toast. She would put a good half cup of butter and sugar in a bowl and mix it into a paste with cinnamon. Then when it is spread on hot toast it is absolutely divine. Unfortunately, I couldn't handle it this morning and ended up scraping half of the yummy goodness from my childhood off my toast. Sean did like it though, so all is not lost. Maybe it was just an off morning for me:(
Well I am now off to be a "responsible adult" by doing things for my class on a Saturday. Did I mention responsibility is a good habit that drives me crazy! Have a fantastic Saturday
Summer-part 2
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment