Saturday, September 5, 2009

Purple, Pansies, and Politics

Yesterday was purple day in my class so all the students were supposed to wear purple. One little boy didn't have any purple to wear so he brought me a purple bouquet from his garden.


Other interesting things from this week included one girl falling in the toilet, another boy making a toilet paper belt, several boys playing tackle football, and many boys throwing punches and kicks. It was a fun filled week, we even studied the letters M and A.

Also, may I just say that some Utah Mormons are ridiculous and close minded! President Obama will be speaking to the children of the nation on Tuesday. We sent home a letter informing parents and the phones have been ringing off the hook. People do not want their children to hear from Barack Obama. I don't care who you voted for or what your political views are this is wrong! If we are trying to teach our children patriotism then teach them to respect the President of the United States. Even if you don't respect the man, respect the office!

Alright, I am now off my soap box and am going to go eat some yummy Bombay House (Indian food) leftovers. Which reminds me that I met Whitney's fiance Matt last night, and I approve:)

4 comments:

  1. Oy. I so agree with you. Seriously, what kind of example are you setting for your children if you teach them that the president doesn't have anything important to say? What's all this business about a leftist agenda? The leftist agenda of "stay in school?" Sigh. (It's not just Utah, by the way. There are a lot of people doing this.)
    Jealous of Bombay House. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a KSL news article about that and I totally agree with you! I tried telling my mom about that and she sided with the Utah mothers. Yet, when Bill Clinton came to our home town when I was in 6th grade we all went to the football stadium and wove our flags with no up-to-do about him being liberal. Shoot, I don't remember what he said, all I remember is waving my flag and being excited that the President of the U.S. was coming to OUR TOWN to speak TO US! Which is all that the elementary students are going to remember about this one, too. If they are older, they should be able to hear him out and decide for themselves what to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was upset about this for like twelve hours straight! And I just remembered that it's Tuesday and I wanted to see if I could watch the speech somewhere... Shoot. Oh well I'm sure I can find it online. Anyway--it's my state too, which leads me to say that it's darn Republicans, not just Utah Mormons. Although of course there are totally sensible and rational Republicans as well, if we're being fair; I guess they're just not the ones making the headlines. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh--and I have to echo Megan and say that I miss both Bombay House and you. I know I've said it before but I'm so glad you blog now. :) The end.

    ReplyDelete