Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weddings, Work, and School

So I count it a super huge blessing that I chose the profession that I did because I love it!!! The kids are amazing. The first day was a little rough with the buses and trying to get everyone safely home. The second day was a blast. One little girl told her parents that Kindergarten is more fun than Disney World...Wow what a compliment. Also some of the kids, one boy in particular calls me Peterson, like I am a lawyer or coach or missionary. I love it!

In other news, my cousin Tony got married yesterday. It was a small backyard wedding and I got to make the cake.
Sean even got to try doing basket weave on a paper towel, I wouldn't let him do it on the cake because I am a perfectionist when it comes to cakes!
Here is the cake after three hours of baking and three hours of frosting and piping, my hand really hurt!
And the completed cake with flowers and ribbon.
Grandma and Grandpa decided to do a little dancing after the ceremony, so cute!
It was a good Saturday! Tomorrow I get to teach again and Sean starts fall semester...Yay!

2 comments:

  1. The cake turned out SOOO wonderful I wish that you could have stayed to see them cut it. I am so glad that you took this pictures of Grandma and Grandpa I didn't even see them dance, and I know that we are going to cherish this one Grandma is actually smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I want a copy of that Pic can you email it to me?

    ReplyDelete