Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love is in the air:)

This morning in honor of Valentines day, Sean prepared the most amazing pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Yummy and amazingly sweet:) I love my husband!!! We also went to Cafe Rio tonight for a wonderful 9 month anniversary celebration:)

On Sunday we went to the singles ward that my dad is serving in. Relief Society is first and it was amazing! I miss Relief Society a lot, I wish I could go to both Young Womens and Relief Society. Anyway the lesson was on love, and after spending four years in a singles ward I could hear the groans as the lesson was announced. However I was so so so impressed by the lesson. The teacher began by making all sorts of fun movie quotes from favorite chick flicks like Emma and Pride and Prejudice. She then had us list the differences between Godly love and worldly love. It was refreshing to see that a lot of the important things to the world really don't apply to Eternal marriage.

She pointed out that every person in a singles world is looking for love. They may not be actively seeking it, or desperate for it; but they certainly would like to find it. She brought up the quote "You complete me" and wondered why it is that so many sisters have to walk through life without being complete. She then pointed out that there is someone who can complete us immediately. He can give us everything we need and truly become our other half. He can love us more than anyone ever can. The Savior is there for us no matter what.

I felt so touched by this amazing truth. I have found my "other half" the one who "completes me" and loves me more than I ever thought was possible, but I also know that Sean and I need the Savior to truly make our marriage complete.

Warning: I will now be ultra mushy for a moment (not that you couldn't tell from the title of this post). Sean is the most amazing, wonderful, handsome, witty, and perfect husband in the world. I love him more and more everyday and can't wait to spend Eternity with him.

IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THIS POST AND WOULD RATHER CELEBRATE SINGLE AWARENESS DAY, CHECK OUT DESPAIR.COM:)

No comments:

Post a Comment