Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shout Out to Moms

When I graduated from preschool my teacher Miss Jackie asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told her I wanted to be a mom and a ballerina. I am certainly not graceful enough to be a ballerina but I still want to be a mom when I grow up:)

I had a long conversation with my mom today and I was just thinking how truly amazing she is. Mom P called today and I got to thinking about how amazing she is. And then in the spirit of things I started thinking of Sam and what a great mom she is and how much she has mothered me. So today I honor my three moms...

Mama Jo
scan0078.qGFEXhRgFtXE.jpg

DSC03779.xSOHf1wMwLPr.jpg

I am so grateful I got to grow up with this amazing, beautiful, spiritual, giving, smart, kind woman. She has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and is now second only to Sean. She spent six years trying to get babies. After millions of tests and drugs, she got three babies. She had the chance to raise two of them. She has worked harder than anyone I know to raise my sister and I and help bring in an income. I will forever be grateful that she chose to work so that my Dad would not have to work two or three jobs. I got to have both of my parents because of the sacrifices she made. She gave everything for Sam and I and her own mother. She continues to give of herself daily for the welfare of all those around her. I love my mom!!!

Mom Peterson
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Sean29.BzzIONFLjgay.jpg

DSC03401.kmJy8KULKKmA.jpg

When I married Sean I inherited another wonderful father, two beautiful sisters in-law, four handsome brothers, and another amazing mom. The more I get to know Mom P, I am amazed at her goodness and love. She has given her whole life to her sons and husband. I am constantly surprised by how thoughtful and kind she is. She sends us cards and movies. She calls and e-mails just to say hi and that she is thinking of us. She gives me amazing advice. The first time I met her she made me feel like a daughter and a part of her family. I love my Mom P!!!

Sam
DSC03787.6yYEqYK5jGLn.jpg​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

DSC_0445.GpV4SSsQfM1t.jpg
Sam has taken care of me since the day I was born. Although we fought a lot as kids (I mostly started it), we are best friends now. I would have never made it through my first year of college without her. She has always supported me in my dreams and decisions. I watch her with her little girl and pray that I will be as selfless and mom as she is. I am also grateful that she allows me to practice my mothering on her baby (some days I show up just to kiss the baby)

I hope when I grow up I can be as good a mom as these three amazing women!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jennie,
    It's very easy to see why Sean loves you so much! You think about important things and make thoughtful comments. We are blessed to have you and our other daughters--all sweet, kind, and intelligent! And we're blessed to be connected to your amazing family! Give Caity-bug a kiss for me. =-) (hope I spelled that right)
    Love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jennie, you have been ridiculously blessed with the women in your life. I don't know your mother in law but I know the other two, and I love them both. For the record, you will be an INCREDIBLE mom! And in the meantime you are also a great blessing to the people who are lucky enough to have you in their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean and Jennie, I am so greatful to have both of you and Jared and Sam for children, even though I was unable to have a large family I felt Like your roomates and freinds were my children also, I appreciate all the love and support you give to me! I am truly blessed.

    Love Momma Joe

    ReplyDelete