Sunday, March 14, 2010

Were partying like it's 1899

I told Sean you know you are a grown up when you get excited about buying flashlights and wheat grinders, then go to Village Inn to get the early bird dinner:)
Recently we feel like we have been getting a lot of counsel from our church leaders to get our three months supply and prepare for an emergency. Sean and I sat down a few weeks ago for FHE and came up with a list of things we need for our home like flashlights. The last two weeks we have been trying to stock up on things. We spent $200 dollars at Costco last week getting toilet paper, cleaning supplies, extra toiletries, water, and a carbon monoxide detector. Yesterday we went in search of a wheat grinder, flashlights, and emergency radio, and work gloves. We were quite successful. We are both pretty excited about our wheat grinder. We found it at an emergency preparedness store for $65. Sean was thinking it would be more like $200 so I am super grateful my estimation of $80 was much closer. We tried it out today and it is a pretty good workout. We look forward to strong arm muscles and yummy homemade bread! ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
DSC04195.7QcrhSBlzAIG.jpg
We learned that 1 cup of wheat makes 2 cups of flour:)
DSC04193.6HO1vDUEpkoZ.jpgDSC04192.GSZZE7N7gdV7.jpg
We are posing for the camera because that is just what we do! Our fantastic new grinder also has a setting so we can make cracked wheat for Kibi (lebanese meatloaf).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennie! I am just catching up on everyone's blogs! Looks like you are enjoying marriage ever so, which is wonderful. Good call on the wheat grinder. I was thinking about getting one as well, but also was expecting to pay upwards of $200, so that is great news.

    Also, your hair cut looks really cute! It is always hard to take the plunge and cut of several inches, but it is fun to change things up as well. Anyway, perhaps I will stop by sometime and bring back your Robin Hood DVD that I STILL have... Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys are swell. That's all.

    ReplyDelete