Sunday, May 2, 2010

Does 3 positive tests mean there are 3 babies?

Dear friends, family, and complete strangers-

We are pleased to announce an addition to our family coming this December!!!

I am about five weeks pregnant and the due date is between December 24- January 3. We are hoping for before December 31 at midnight so we get the amazing tax break:)

Last Friday I took the day off because I was tired and had been grumpy with my kids all week. I decided to take a pregnancy test. I had two dreams Thursday night where I kept taking tests and they were all positive. I woke up, took a test (which almost immediately turned positive), visited with Sean, then had Sean help me read the results. We were both rather speechless and unbelieving. He went to help some neighbors move and I took two more tests, both positive. We are so excited!!!

Even though I always thought it was a little weird to take a picture of the actual tests, I took one. I have been grateful this past week because I keep doubting that they were positive and I can go back and look. So here is photographic proof:​
DSC04313.c5CJ2UW6TnV9.jpg​

We even went to Target and bought a boy outfit and a girl outfit:) We told Sean’s parents by sending the pictures to their cell phone. ​
Photo0122.qyWAFfWtCXR3.jpgPhoto0123.8U6O3yHWuW33.jpg​
cool babe                                                mommy’s snuggle saurus

We told my parents over the phone and spent the next day with them. We also told all our siblings last weekend and haven’t been able to keep it a secret from anyone. I am a terrible secret keeper! We are praying for a safe a healthy pregnancy and delivery for the baby and me.

It is truly amazing how the Lord’s timing works! We felt prompted in October to start a family, we followed that prompting even though it deviated from our original “plan”. We were able to receive all the diagnostic and medical treatment necessary under my amazing insurance and we conceived the first month we took any infertility medication. We now feel like everything will work out. The baby will come at perhaps the most inopportune time for my work, but we both feel so peaceful about money and work. We aren’t sure what we will do yet, but we are so excited and have faith it will all work out. It is very clear that this baby needs to come to our family.

I have no morning sickness, just evening. If I don’t eat at night right when I get home, I get dizzy and starving. I am also really tired and clumsy (the clumsiness isn’t really a pregnancy thing just a me thing).

Anyway we are so excited!!!

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations Jennie! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, you two, that is so exciting! I am really happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SOOO excited for you! And I am so glad that you included us as part of your siblings :) I know that you guys will be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great honk! You're PREGGO!!! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jennie and Sean,
    It is always so much fun to read your blogs! As exciting as it was to get your photos with the 2 baby outfits as we were traveling in the car!! We hope the best for you two and can't wait to meet the new little Peterson.
    Love, mom and dad p

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's me again, super excited for you! ps: you may have jinxed yourself by joking about 3 babies...now you're definitely going to have triplets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG OMG!!!! That is awesome!! I can't believe it! Seriously, I am so happy for you, you were practically made to be the perfect mom for sure. Babies are the best!

    ReplyDelete