We used our very last gift card from our wedding today. Sean wondered if us using our last gift card means we are no longer newlyweds? I told him no, I think we can be newlyweds as long as we want:)
So we went to Ikea to get some rugs because their prices are so good. We got a big area rug for the front room for $17, two smaller rugs for the bedroom for $5 each, a huge painting for the large wall in our front room for $50, a floor lamp for $7, and two small lights for the piano for $14. It was a very productive trip!
We are having fun decorating our new apartment. It is harder this time because I am still teaching all day and Sean has a part-time job as a web designer and is shadowing different doctors in preparation for medical school. We also don't have the endless supply of money that came with gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond. Luckily we don't need as much since a lot of the things we bought and acquired for our old apartment still fit and work at our new place.
Life has been so fun lately as we have been planning for the baby, planning our summer trips, planning our anniversary trip (it will be a month late since I am still hanging with the kindergarteners), setting up our new apartment, and trying to find time to ride bikes so I can show off my brand new beautiful bike:)
Pictures of the apartment to come soon! It is almost all set up:)
A quick congrats to Sean's brother Brandon (MD) and his wife Michal (Phd) on their recent graduation from the University of New Mexico!
Summer-part 2
4 days ago

Ha that's funny that you guys are redecorating also! I had a friend offer to consult with us for free...we're going to create the ultimate bachelor pad! :)
ReplyDeleteI love IKEA. LOVE IKEA!
ReplyDeleteYou and Sean have certainly reached a milestone in using your last wedding gift card--but if you always remember and act on your sentiment that you can be newlyweds for as long as you want, it will always feel that way and people looking at how you treat each other will want to have the same thing in their marriages too. =-) I know you can do it! love, mom p
ReplyDelete