Thursday, May 27, 2010

My babies grew up!

This has been an interesting week of emotions as I am anxiously awaiting a summer break and wishing I didn't have to say goodbye to some of my sweet kindergarteners. In some ways I can't wait for the year to be over because I am so done with "he hit me" "she won't be my friend" "he said poop" and many other similar phrases. In other ways I will miss the sweet innocence of these little characters. Today a little girl asked me if she could go in the coat closet and sort through her backpack during recess, I told her "I suppose" she looked at me with the most quizzical expression and said "what does subose mean?"

I am really excited for the coming school year and all the amazing plans I have. I am especially excited to actually know what is going on and coming next. I am nervous about how next year will go but also anxious to meet some new adorable five year olds and help them on their journey to reading.

This has been one of the top three hardest things I have ever done, but I did it!!! I finished my first year of teaching. Although it has been hard, it has also been so rewarding. My little babies who came to school not knowing M from A can read!

To all those who say teachers aren't paid what they are worth (which is most likely true) I say Yay for three months of paid vacation!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, and not to put a downer on your "vacation." But it's not paid. They just spread out your checks so it seems that way. You're actually unemployed for three months. That's why they have to pay you for any workshops you attend, and why even though they may say they're mandatory, they're not. However, enjoy your summer and your last few months of freedom as a newlywed. Love your jaded sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard from others what a great teacher you are, I know that sometimes it is rough with certain children, but I know that you have given your 110% to each and every child that has come into your life. Dad and I are very proud of both our daughters and the choices they have made.

    Love Mom and Dad Z

    ReplyDelete