Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Sean and I have been married for 1 year and almost a month.
IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0516.JPG
We wanted to celebrate our first anniversary in style, but unfortunately we were moving that weekend. I was also working and couldn’t take any time off. So this week we took a small trip to Salt Lake. We drove up Tuesday morning and had lunch at the Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. We shared a ham sandwich and an amazingly huge cinnamon roll. Then we headed off to take a tour of the Beehive house (Brigham Young’s house). It happened to be President Young’s birthday so all the kids had balloons. It was raining outside so we decided to head in to see the Joseph Smith movie. I forgot how touching that movie is! By the time the movie was over the rain had stopped so we went on a walk.

DSC04407.JPG

DSC04408.JPG
DSC04414.JPG DSC04417.JPG
We went to the Garden on the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building for dinner. It was so yummy and there was a beautiful view of the Temple! Sean had a sirloin and I had chicken parmesan. We also had a yummy artichoke dip for an appetizer.
We stayed at the Capitol Retreat room at the anniversary in on South Temple(if you want a laugh go to the anniversary inn website and check out the twilight rooms). It was a beautiful little bed and breakfast. They gave us cheese cake and apple cider and even delivered breakfast to our door in the morning.
DSC04419.JPG
The bed had a lot of pillows!
DSC04420.JPG
There was a big TV with surround sound in the cabinet, we watched Hook:)
DSC04424.JPG
When we first came into the room I was really concerned because I couldn’t find the bathroom. Sean told me their was a community one down the hall. We finally found our bathroom behind this bookcase, so cool! Also some of the books were real old books. One was a home medical guide from the 40’s. Sean entertained me by reading the pregnancy section to me (I learned that I shouldn’t start wearing a corset now that I am pregnant:)
DSC04429.JPG
There was a capital building painted behind the toilet.
DSC04431.JPG
Here is our yummy breakfast after we ate it all. I should have taken a picture before we ate it:)

On Wednesday morning, we went to the Gateway to do some shopping:) We didn’t buy much as everything there is so expensive! We did get a cute little bunny for our new baby and a matching one for her cousin Kaitlyn. We also got a 14” pan for cakes.

We came home yesterday evening and even though our trip was only a day and only an hour away, we feel like we really got away and went on vacation. So fun! Happy Anniversary Sean! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment