Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Loss

This past weekend Sean and I experienced something I never ever wanted to go through. We lost our baby in our eleventh week of pregnancy.

It is truly amazing how much I have felt God's love through this extraordinarily hard thing. I feel closer to Sean than I ever have. I know God loves me and has a plan for me. I feel his love through competent medical professionals, wonderful family and friends who drop everything to call or visit, beautiful flowers delivered, and an overwhelming sense of peace.

I know the baby that I was carrying will join our family, it just wasn't the right time and for some reason we needed to go through this. Sean and I were joking that all our kids in heaven were just fighting over who got to come first and one of them punched a little too hard:)

I just have to stay in bed or on the couch for a few days while my body heals, I am also very thankful for loritab!

We truly have felt everyone's love and prayers, thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, sweetie! My thoughts are with you. Not an easy thing to go through. Love you! xo Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me with your positive attitude...you'll definitely make it through this challenging time. We love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you two. This is one of the hardest trials. My sister also says that all her little embryos and babies that didn't quite catch on or continue to grow are waiting for her in heaven, and I believe so too. Just remember to turn towards the Lord for comfort and guidance. I hope you feel better and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennie, I'm so sorry. I think you already know this happened to us last summer. As far as the silver lining goes, the thing we were most grateful for was that it happened so early on, because of course our level of attachment would only have grown as time went. It's terrible, but you cry and eventually it gets better. Hugs for you and Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you guys are looking upward with this, I love the picture of your kids fighting in heaven to see who gets to come down first! You never know why you have to go through some things. The only thing that I can tell you is that when I look back at the years that it took us to get pregnant with Coul and how hard they where and then I think of how old he would be right now if we had be able to have him when we wanted to, I see the complete wisdom in the lords plan and not mine. Your darling children will make it down here, and yes they might be figting for top billing- or they may have already been told that they dont get to choose! Either way they will make it here to be with you :) We love you guys so much and please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Jennie. We love you guys and you're in our prayers. You are going to be amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete