Last week before school started Sean and I made our way down to New Mexico for a quick visit. We left Sunday and made the 10 hour drive to Sean’s house in White Rock, then on Monday we ventured out to El Paso (a six hour drive). I got to meet Sean’s grandma which was really fun! She is such a sweet lady and I really enjoyed talking to her. I also got to meet his cousins Stacy, Sarah, and Corey. It was great to meet more family and enjoy chatting with all of them. I am pretty sure Sarah has convinced me to use cloth diapers when we finally have a baby, Sean even agrees! I was really surprised by the differences between El Paso and here. You can see Mexico across the Rio Grande with all it’s dilapidated buildings. The temple is only ten minutes across the border, but most of the members go to Albuquerque because it is simply to dangerous to cross the border. Almost all the houses have bars on the windows and doors to prevent burglars, it was so different from anything I have ever seen. I felt sad that there is crime that bad in some places and also sad that I am so ignorant to the world outside of Happy Valley.
We only got to stay a day in El Paso before we made a quick trip back up to White Rock to spend the day with Mom and Dad P. Sean played an intense game of tennis with Dad P. while Mom P. and I got to go pick up ingredients for a fantastic cafe rio copycat dinner. We visited Sean’s piano teacher Lynn Lamb where Sean was given a lesson. It was really fun to watch the way she teaches, she is an extremely talented woman! We got to watch “Whats up Doc” which has become one of my new favorites and even got to play a game of last word. It was a blast to hang out with the Peterson Parentals, I wish we got to do it way more often

Mer with Sean and I

Mer’s family room and Kitchen. That is Mom P., Stacy and one of Stacy’s boys in the photo.

Sean played the piano for about an hour. He played many classical pieces, starlight lullaby (my song), and some hymns which Stacy and I sang to.

The boys absolutely loved the Mozart piece and asked for an encore.

Mer has an organ in her home which has pipes and speakers. I am so sad she can’t play anymore, I would have loved to hear it.


Ayla and Brinley, super cute little girls!
Wow I'm jealous of your El Paso trip, it's been so long since I've gotten to visit out there and there's a whole new generation of kids out there! Adorable pics. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful you could go to El Paso with me. Sarah's examples of cloth diapers were so cute. It was fun to have Brody ask Sean how fast he could play the Mozart and then to watch him watching Sean's fingers was fun. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos--
ReplyDeletelove, mom p
What a fun trip! Sounds like you guys had a great time. What made you decide to go with cloth diapers? I know a lot of people are starting to go back to them, but I just don't get it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
ReplyDeletelooks like a great trip - even with all the driving!
ReplyDeleteisn't what's up doc the best movie ever!? it's one of the only movies i'll watch over and over and never get sick of - "How? how? how?" "Howard!" "you? you? you?" "Junice! - it's always these names that trip him up"
hahahaha!
We used to sit for hours playing the piano for all the adults when we were little, of course the Johnson girls were not good at it and the Peterson boys were always fantastic. I am jealous of the trip too. I used to think it was weird when people didn't have bars on the windows!
ReplyDelete