Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back to the grindstone

Wow what a long long long first week back. I don’t know what we’ll do when we have to live real life and don’t get two weeks off at Christmas time. We loved our break and had a fantastic time in New Mexico. We also rang in the New Year with Mom and Dad Z and of course Elroy. I took some awesome pictures of the family playing Farkel (a fun dice game), but unfortunately they are on our old camera which is at work, but at least I tried.

Sean is liking his last semester at BYU so far, although he has had a pretty persistent cold which makes going to and from school in the cold icy snow a little miserable. He has five psychology classes and had one bowling class which he promptly dropped once he found out the professor didn’t know any more about bowling than the students. He spends his free time molding the snow outside our house which is perhaps the reason for his awful cold.
IMG_0056-2011-01-8-20-15.JPG

But seriously will the snow ever stop?

We also made a birthday cake this week which turned out nicely:
IMG_0060-2011-01-8-20-15.JPG

I still love kindergarten although January is kinda a boring month compared to December and I think we are all coping with the loss of naps and snacks, but we’ll make it.

In other good news: Sean has been accepted to the University of New Mexico’s school of medicine! We are so excited to know we have at least one place to go in the coming year, but would now like to hear back from about 14 different schools. My vote today as I shiver in my house is for somewhere Tropical!

3 comments:

  1. I know I'd be grouchy about losing naps and snacks! The cake looks wonderful--so does Sean kneeling besides his snow creation. Hope his cold goes away and that your tropical dreams help keep you warm(er). love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you will be off on new adventures soon! I hope Sean gets into the school of his choice and hey, January is almost over and Valentines Day is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete