Monday, February 28, 2011

Heartbeat

Today I had my 14 week appointment and I got to hear the little thump thump of my baby’s heart again. It was much stronger, louder, and easier to find this time as opposed to 4 weeks ago. It is the most amazing thing! I can’t wait to see the next ultrasound. My doctor said we will do the next one at 22 weeks, I don’t think I can wait that long to find out the gender so we may pay an extra $30 bucks to find out the gender early from the ultrasound company at my general practitioners office.

It is true that I am getting rather fat! Although my scale said I gained like 7 pounds, the one at the doctors which is likely much more reliable says I have only gained 2 pounds in total. I like that number a lot more. My belly is getting big though and now nothing really fits, even my pajama pants feel tight (thats what husbands are for right?) I have only had to purchase three pairs of pants since I had two pairs from the last pregnancy. I haven’t needed to get anything else thanks to the amazing wardrobe my sister has lent me. I am not kidding when I say amazing, she really has everything from dress clothes to a swimming suit. Her pants were too short but all her shirts, skirts and dresses fit great! Yay Sam!!! Thanks for saving me tons and tons of money, I owe you big time.

We have also been blessed with a plethora of hand-me-downs. My cousin had a baby a few years ago and she no longer needs any of her furniture so my aunt and great aunt gave us a crib, changing table, mattress, swing, and high chair. My cousin’s baby rarely used any of the items since they were at her Grandmas so everything is like brand new. We also have a pack-n-play, stroller, and car seat from the Graco contest my Dad won last summer. I am thinking about doing cloth diapers, but I just need to learn a lot more before I commit.

We are so stinkin’ excited about this child.

5 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited too! I was lucky also that my sisters were willing to lend me ALL their maternity clothes! We need to get together! Just text me when you're free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have a sister you can borrow clothes from! and we're very excited too =-) love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you have a TON of stuff for free. That's a big chunk of what you'll need for a baby off your checklist!
    If you want to know about cloth diapers, talk to Brittney Warburton. She would love to tell you about them. I think they even have a sprayer attachment for their toilet so they can spray out the poop. Nifty. I'm a fan of disposables though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And we are super excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete