This week I woke up one morning and realized as I opened our new gallon of milk that I had mistakenly bought 1% as opposed to skim. I thought it wouldn't be that different and that I would just make sure to get the right kind next time I shop. And that was when I became a traitor to my once beloved skim milk. 1% seems to flow more pretty, it is richer, thicker (but not too thick) and all together a little yummier. I don't know what has come over me but I think I will purchase the 1% for a little while longer. I blame it solely on this child living in my belly who also likes red meat and salty foods.
Speaking of our adorable baby, I almost gave in today and took a trip to fetal fotos to find out the gender. Sean and I decided that we need some time to anticipate a date so we are tentatively going to go next Monday the 14th. So be sure to vote on the side before the 14th. About 60% of me thinks its a girl and 40% thinks its a boy. Sean is still just realizing there really is a child inside my ever-increasing belly. My mom thinks its a girl and my coworker thinks boy. It will be fun to find out.
Summer-part 2
4 days ago

Hooray for your 1%! For me, the choice between skim milk and grated chalk in water is just about even - both good sources for calcium, I suppose. Carol has gotten me used to 1%, but I could easily backslide up to 2%, or (gasp!) whole milk. I'll also give a cheer for the red meat and salty foods (I like slim jims and jerky, too). Sounds like a boy influencing you, but we'll wait and see. We love you lots! - Dad P
ReplyDeletewe get 2%, which is a step down from when we got whole. we decided it would do our expanding waist lines good...well, i decided it would do one of our expanding waist lines good...ahem...
ReplyDeletei voted cute jedi girl ;) and if it's a girl, she should be betrothed to Joshua. although if it's a boy then he and Joshua can be best buds. :) granted you'll have to not move away.
I wanted to vote for "boy" and "cute" but I couldn't! I do think it's a boy but whatever it is will be cute and very lucky to have you as it's mama! (Just let me feel your belly at work tomorrow and I'll know for sure!)
ReplyDelete