Friday, February 4, 2011

What a Week!

This week has been one of the craziest I can remember. Last Saturday I started coming down with a cold. My eat hurt and felt all plugged and I also had a really sore throat. I took the day Saturday to mostly rest. Sunday I went to church and felt pretty good all day, especially with Tylenol. I went to work Monday, got a sub Tuesday to try to heal of my cold so I could make it through parent teacher conferences. On Wednesday morning on a whim Sean checked the tires pressure before I left for work and everything looked great. I was on Pioneer Crossing (abt 5 minutes from work) when I heard a weird sound. I stopped and checked the back right corner where the sound seemed to be coming from and sure enough we had a very very flat tire. I called Sean who felt helpless since he had no car to come help me and had a scheduled exam in 15 min. I was freaking out a little, I know how to change a tire in theory but wasn’t overly confident in my ability to do it in the freezing cold, while feeling sick. I called my coworker to see if her husband had left for work yet and while I was on the phone with her an amazing man stopped to help me. His name was Matt and he had three boys. He changed the tire in 15 minutes flat and told me he was grateful for the opportunity to serve since he needs the Lord’s blessings in his life right now. I was moved to tears by his kindness and love.

As I was teaching I got two nose bleeds and lost my voice. By the time 4:30 rolled around I knew there was no way I could teach the next day and it was questionable if I should even stay for the conferences. I got a sub and visited with 30 or so parents then came home to Sean who lovingly took me to the grocery store to buy sudafed, robitussin, and saline nasal spray. Buying medicine is tricky business when you’re pregnant! Let me just say that I have never had robitussin before and it is NASTY!!!

Sam and Kaity took me to the doctor where I was diagnosed with a viral cold, laryngitis, and pink eye. Yay! I borrowed Sam’s car to head to the second night of parent teacher conferences. I wonder what some of the parents thought of me with no voice, red eyes, and hardly any energy. Needless to say I got another sub for today since pink eye is super contagious and my voice is still pretty much gone.

I woke up this morning with both eyes red and gooey with infection, luckily the medicine works great and they already look a lot better. I am grateful for the prompting to get some good glasses as a backup for my contacts . I spent the day today resting and feeling a little better. Tomorrow there is a funeral mass that I really wanted to go to for my great great Aunt, but I have a feeling most of my relatives would not thank me for coughing on them and spreading my germs.

Sean has also had a busy week full of exams, homework, and running here and there to get me drugs or take me to the doctor. He truly is the best husband! Hopefully next week will be a little less crazy; although I hope the storms that are causing everyone else problems don’t find their way to Utah. I am grateful for kind friends, family, and strangers; competent medical help; paid sick leave, and wonderful substitute teachers!

3 comments:

  1. what a week indeed. i'm glad you got the medicine issue figured out. did you find out why your tire went flat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Jennie! I'm so sorry! I hope you start feeling better soon and that that man does get the blessings he needs =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is certainly a week you won't want to repeat. Isn't it wonderful to have someone stop and offer to help? Take things easy until you feel better. I'm sure Sean loves to take care of his sweet wife. Have a restful weekend. =-) love, mom p

    ReplyDelete