First we shall start by saying that I love celebrating my anniversary! This year as I was looking over my wedding photos I really missed my waist. I remember thinking I was a little chunkier than I would have liked to be on my wedding day, but now I look back and think I looked so skinny. Other than a few sad moments I feel fantastic about my growing belly because it means our little guy is getting nice a fat and healthy!
I have had several new symptoms over the past few weeks and there are days like today where i really feel like a big fat pregnant lady. My hands have started to swell, my feet hurt, I can’t bend over, I have heartburn at night, and I get out of breath far to quickly. Today was really hot at work and I wondered how i’ll ever make it in hot humid Florida. We are leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow, yay!
The health insurance we have in fantastic. It only costs $200 to have our baby, period. Thats the deductible, co-pays, everything! There was just one wrench in the plan. We are moving to Albuquerque in July so Sean can start medical school. This fantastic insurance only covers a Utah birth fully, if we chose to deliver in New Mexico we would have to pay out of network costs which are significantly higher. So that meant the plan was for me to return to Utah on August 10th so I could wait to go into labor at my parents house and then just hope that Sean could make it in time. Several things were lame about this plan. First, I am not too happy with my doctor right now and would like to switch. Second, I would have to spend up to 3 weeks without my sweetie, not cool! Third, Sean would be stressed like crazy to make it to the birth and he would have to miss school for who knows how long. Fourth, I would have to travel back to Albuquerque with a brand new baby. And then we found a fantastic program through the Lovelace hospital which will pay 100% of all our costs because we are considered poor. I even asked if they could work with our insurance or if we would need to cancel and they said they will bill our insurance for whatever it will pay and then they will make up the difference! I am so excited! They will also provide 11 months of free insurance for baby Brett. The only downside is that I will deliver away from my family here in Utah, although they will all understand. My parents and sister are going to come when the baby comes and I know Mom and Dad P will be there too=) In October we think Sean has a break so we will come up to Utah for a visit so Baby Brett can meet his great grandparents. We want to take a trip to El Paso to see Sean’s grandma (Mer) in July and I am sure we will head down for a weekend after Brett comes too.
Here is a bump picture from 24 weeks to prove the belly is growing like crazy:

hooray! what wonderful news about Lovelace! I just knew something would work out and now I'm so happy for you that it did. I've only heard great things about the Lovelace women's hospital...you'll be in great hands!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! I'm glad everything has worked out as well! Lots of things happening at once can really make things stressful, but it sounds like it's going to work out.
ReplyDeleteEven though you will not be staying with us in
ReplyDeleteAugust, You and Sean and even Brett will be better off down there, We will get there as soon as possible to meet our little guy in person. We love you so much!
Mom and Dad Z
Disneyland
We're so glad it's going to work out for you to be able to have the baby with Sean nearby! And we look forward to seeing Anonymous when they come to meet Brett! =-) love, mom p
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to figure something out. that first plan didn't at all sound like a fun plan. please come and visit me when you come visit utah!!! (um, i spelled it "youtah" before...whoops! thank goodness for backspace)
ReplyDeleteThe lord works in mysterious ways and I think that it just proves that you are doing the right thing and being in the right place. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWOO HOO! Every day you get closer and closer to seeing that Beautiful Baby BOY! I'm glad things are working out so well!
ReplyDelete