Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby Shower and a Haircut

Lots of cool stuff has been happening lately but I keep not having my camera! For example we went to the zoo on Friday and saw an elephant stand on its nose.

Saturday, my dear Aunts threw me a beautiful baby shower and I did remember my camera. It started off with some adorable invitations handcrafted by my mom and dad. They featured an adorable green dinosaur.

It was so wonderful to have so many wonderful friends and family come to wish us well. Sean hung out the whole time and helped open all the presents. We were given so many adorable clothes, some beautiful hand-made blankets, and some fantastic toys I am sure Brett will LOVE. I have packed all the baby things already but I will be doing a later post featuring all the handmade things we have been given.
This is my aunts gorgeous backyard! We had a delicious BBQ with hamburgers and fresh fruit. There were 30-40 amazing people in attendance.IMG_0678-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
IMG_0681-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
This is the blanket my grandma made for Brett! It is flannel on both sides, I may steel it from him=)
IMG_0735-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
Brett was trying on this premie outfit, hope he doesn’t come in time to need that, although the froggy feet are adorable!
IMG_0740-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
Momma Z made all these fantastic diaper changing covers out of flannel. They are so cute and will be so soft.
IMG_0762-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
Momma Z also made this amazing Disney quilt!
IMG_0764-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
After the shower my Dad snapped a few pics of the “3” of us.
IMG_0793-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG
Also I cut 3 inches off my hair and added some bangs! It was a pretty daring move for me and I am now starting to like the bangs okay (at first I HATED them). Sean likes them and its a fun change. Sean also decided he liked the beard so it’s back to stay for awhile. I think he looks pretty handsome=)
IMG_0791-2011-06-26-15-59.JPG

4 comments: