Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We're Ready!

We have been working on getting everything set up for the arrival of Baby Brett later this month. The nursery is finished and looks adorable in my opinion. I made the dinosaur wall hanging over the changing table and we ordered the dino decals for over the crib. The pack and play is set up in the baby’s room and will be moved to our room as soon as he comes. IMG_0843-2011-08-2-12-58.JPG
We bought a bouncer at Walmart last week and the diaper bag is all packed! Sean thinks I’m crazy for bringing 3 outfits to the hospital, but both Mom P and Mom Z think its a good idea=) I still need to pack my bag though.
IMG_0845-2011-08-2-12-58.JPG
Last night we figured out how to work the complicated stroller and car seat and we also installed the car seat base in the car.

I went to the doctor today and met with one of the midwives, she was great! Our doctor is on a well deserved vacation so I will most likely meet with her until the baby comes. She explained the difference between doctors and midwives. Basically midwives are treating the natural occurrence of labor and delivery. They are able to spend more time with you in the room giving comfort and advice. Doctors are there to treat the complications of pregnancy and although they can deliver normal pregnancies their time is more in demand in the operating room doing C-sections and dealing with other complicated pregnancies. It’s standard to have a midwife deliver babies unless there is a complication so I’m hoping the lady I saw today is there when I go into labor.

Here is the 37 week bump=)
IMG_0846-2011-08-2-12-58.JPG
I don’t think it looks like i’m getting bigger but I sure feel like I am!

My belly moves all over the place all the time. Brett wakes Sean up every morning by kicking him in the back repeatedly. He loves warmth and tries to get to it no matter where its at. His legs and feet find their way into my ribs quite often. He is head down and ready to go. He is measuring perfectly for his “age”. The midwife mentioned that he will probably be a solid baby. He doesn’t feel huge but feels pretty substantial, he won’t be a little guy=)

I feel like a whale! I can’t move around very easily. Eating and breathing feel like an effort a lot of the time. I have been super emotional lately and find myself crying a lot. I have been having braxton hicks contractions occasionally and am dilated 1 centimeter. I have gained a total of 22 lbs, we’ll see what the next few weeks bring.

We have all been putting bets on when the delivery date will be. I think the 12th and Sean thinks September 2, which gets him a whack every time he says it. It will be complicated with Sean having school and studying but Sean is being a great sport about it. He tells Brett that he prefers a Friday afternoon delivery. I can just imagine the baby laughing. The only day that is not ok is August 22 since Sean has an anatomy practical exam which he can’t make up since the exam is given in the anatomy lab with all the cadavers pinned. Dad Z thinks the baby will come between 8am-noon on the 22nd since thats just the way life works. It would be funny, but Brett would be grounded!

8 comments:

  1. You look GREAT!!! and the room is adorable! You've made it as far as I did and hopefully Brett will come sooner rather than later. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came during one of my dad's finals in medical school. :) I don't think I've ever asked him how that worked out...Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is wonderful! You are more ready than we ever were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dinosaur theme! The wall hanging turned out wonderful! You're so prepared. I STILL haven't decorated our nursery yet ;) I agree that the 3 outfits is a good idea for the hospital. You don't know what size he'll be and which will fit best. Joshua was swimming in the newborn outfit we brought because that particular brand was typically larger than other brands and I wished I had brought a smaller outfit. It's not like they take up much room in the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than the baby bump, you really don't look pg. I am so happy to have a new grandbaby and to know it will be named after someone I love very much, is a blessing to me, I think Brett will be here by the 20th.
    I Love you so much!!!
    I miss our bed time talks with you and Sean and putting my had on Brett. It was so great to have all three of you live with us for such a short month.

    See you soon.
    Momma Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those orange julius'! Good times, good times. :)

    Our address is 4411 w 4415 s, zip code 84120.

    Also, I can't believe you're almost having a child. Also that you just moved and you have everything set up. Well done, man. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennie love - you look very un-whalelike. Remember what I was saying about looking at people and going, "I hope I'm pregnant like that!" You are one of those people. :) Also, having seen the baby room in person, I think Brett's a very lucky little guy. I'm so excited to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking today, I see a comment I thought I'd posted didn't show up. Rats!! The nursery looks fantastic and you do too! I guess I'll vote for the 24th--but will gladly be wrong if he comes earlier =-) love, mom p

    ReplyDelete