Health insurance is one of the most annoying things in the world! I realized this when Sean and I first got married and we had a 6 month or so period of time when we were kicked off our parents insurance before we were spoiled by Alpine School District insurance. My mom always stressed the importance of being insured at all times no matter what, you should never let there be a lag between insurance. So far I have been able to keep this rule, although Sean has been uninsured for almost a month now. When we got to New Mexico, I qualified for pregnancy related medicaid and will have that until the end of October. Brett has free insurance for a year as part of that program which is a huge relief to us! We knew we needed to get Sean signed up for the beginning of September and me signed up beginning in November. We tried a health plan for Sean called Presbyterian which denied him based on his dislocated shoulder from years ago (corrected with surgery) and his sleep apnea which was cured with a tonsillectomy before we were married. We then applied for both of us to be on Lovelace (the same plan Brett has) and were both denied. Sean was denied for the same reasons and I was denied for PCOS. I never thought two healthy non smoking twenty four year olds would be uninsurable, how frustrating! We are now looking into a New Mexico insurance program for the uninsurable, however it will cost $200/month each! We should qualify for a rate reduction based on our income level, which is nothing=) I know insurance companies have to be careful about pre-existing conditions, but this seems a little ridiculous to me!
That is SO frustrating!! I agree, it's kind of ridiculous the things they will deny people based on. I hope you can get the one you're trying for...at a reasonable price!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! I've been uninsured since March... SHH don't tell!
ReplyDeleteUgh! I hate trying to get insurance! It's hard to get accepted and is so expensive! Good luck
ReplyDelete