Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey and Gratitude

First off the thing I am most grateful for this year is:
8P3J6904-2011-11-22-08-03.jpg
Because of this building I will be with my dear sweet Sean and Brett forever! I will also be with my parents, Sean’s parents, my grandparents, my sister, and all my family forever and ever! I LOVE the temple!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving this year! Last Wednesday we drove up to White Rock where Sean’s mom and dad live. We played with Brett, rode our bikes, and had some great chats. IMG_1582-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG

On Thursday my Mom and Dad left Utah and Sean and I helped Mom P with pie and other thanksgiving preparations. We took Brett to the park and let him go down the slide for the first time, he didn’t much care. Mom and Dad Z arrived about 5:30 and we had some delicious chili. We titled this picture 2 moms and 2 turkeys=)
IMG_1587-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
Swinging with Sean at the playground.
IMG_1589-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
Brett LOVES his Grandpa Z, especially when my dad makes this funny face and noise that I can’t really describe.
IMG_1594-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
We used some awesome pie cutters from Aunt Lucille to make the pretty crust pieces in the middle.
IMG_1593-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
Friday morning we woke up and Mom P got started on a delicious Thanksgiving feast. We had a delicious Turkey, homemade rolls, sweet potato and apple yumminess, corn, stuffing, jello salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, and pumpkin and pecan pie. Everyone helped a little but most the work was done by the amazing Mom P. YUM!
Brett took his morning nap on Grandma Z.
IMG_1597-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
He got a new outfit, but he was hungry so we couldn’t get him to smile for the picture.
IMG_1599-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
Here he and Sean are with matching hats.
IMG_1606-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
Taking another nap in his swing
IMG_1614-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
IMG_1620-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
IMG_1622-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
On Saturday we went to Walmart, then a restaurant called Sadie’s in Albuquerque, the mall, and the River of Lights at the botanical gardens. Poor Brett hadn’t gotten nearly enough sleep throughout the whole weekend and had a complete meltdown at the river of lights. Sean had to hold him really really tight and the poor kid just kept screaming. HIs screams finally turned to wimpers and we were able to walk around. I think Sean’s back and arms are still sore from this outing, but the lights were beautiful!
IMG_1625-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
These are penguins behind Brett and his grandparents.
IMG_1630-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
We liked Frosty.
IMG_1628-2011-11-22-08-03.JPG
On Sunday Mom and Dad P had gone back to White Rock and Mom and Dad Z stayed with us in Albuquerque. We went to church and poor Brett was still so so tired, I had to teach my primary lesson so we stayed the full three hours but Brett let us know that he would have rather gone home. We had a lovely day just visiting and eating leftovers and sitting on the couch doing nothing=) Mom and Dad Z had to leave early Monday morning. Brett has been sleeping lots and seems to be happy to be back at home.

2 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving looks like it was amazing!!!! Your little boy is so stinkin' cute!!! Glad you had a nice Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks every bit as fun as it was! I hope Brett gets caught up on his naps!! So glad the Z's could come down and join us for the feast!!! love, mom p =-)

    ReplyDelete