Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mr. Cold Bug came to visit!

On New Years day right after we got back to Albuquerque, I got the stomach flu and spent a few days feeling rather awful. Sean started getting a cold as soon as I got better from that. His cold mostly went away and then last week the cold came back with a vengeance. Sean started feeling sick on Monday. Brett spent Tuesday with a little cough and by Wednesday morning at 3 he had a croupy cough and major congestion. After two nights of little sleep, I started getting the awful bug too! I think this should count for all the sickness we will have in 2012! Poor Mr. Brett has been such a trooper but has been so so sick. I took him to the doctor and he just has a cold, but for a 4 month old who can’t blow his nose and doesn’t understand why his throat hurts its a big deal. After throwing up all over Sean, the carpet, and himself on Saturday night he has started to feel better. I am feeling better and minus the laryngitis, Sean is doing better too. (side note: Sean had his first neuroscience exam today and got a 91% YAY!) Don’t worry though, even with sickness I still took some cute pictures.

Mr. Brett has gotten interested in our food lately and we felt like it was time to try so rice cereal. He is now 21 weeks which is technically 5 months and since he was showing all the signs of readiness we figured we ought to try. First we got out the high chair. He still struggles to sit up straight for too long.
IMG_1908-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
He really really liked it and gulped down several bites!
IMG_1947-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
Then the next morning I mixed him some more, this time with formula rather than breast milk and he thought it was DISGUSTING! He still posed for a cute picture though. After that his cold really came in and he didn’t want anything to do with eating from a spoon. Last night he finally enjoyed it again and really liked the squash we gave him=)
IMG_1949-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
Snuggling in mom and dad’s bed=)
IMG_1950-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
Poor sick baby, after a goodnight story. He really just wanted to eat the book.
IMG_1961-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
We got to see G&G P on Saturday and yesterday. They were so nice and brought us Red Robin take out on Saturday night so we wouldn’t have to cook. Brett was pretending to ride a motorcycle on Grandpa’s leg, he loved it!
IMG_1969-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
You may find this picture weird, but I just love my little man’s thighs! Aren’t they so squishy and adorable??
IMG_1977-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG
Last night we sang “Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam” for FHE and Brett helped accompany. He was fascinated with the piano keys.
IMG_1978-2012-01-17-10-20.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Blast those colds! We bought a nasal aspirator recently which has helped out so much with those pesky snuffy noses in the night, I would recommended it(it is much easier than the little bulb sucker things).

    I love the snuggly picture on the bed. It really shows off his chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very cute...and he seems very happy, despite the cold! I'm glad you are all doing better though!

    ReplyDelete