The first Valentine’s Sean and I spent together included him getting his tonsils out. We spent the morning at the hospital and the afternoon eating jello and milkshakes (well Sean did, I was doing a crazy cabbage soup diet which was a bad idea). It was actually the perfect way to spend the day since the day itself can be overwhelming and sometimes depressing even when you have someone to call your Valentine.
I actually LOVE Valentine’s Day. I love eating yummy sugar cookies and cutting out red and purple hearts. I love focusing on the love in all my relationships-with my husband, my parents, my sister, Sean’s parents and his brothers, and with my little boy. This year I tried to deck our apartment out in Valentine cheer and we are planning to have some blackberry filet mignon for dinner tomorrow night (its actually pretty exciting since its the only night of the year I actually think to make steak=)
Brett has an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow to make sure the heart murmur he was born with is still ok. I think its the perfect day to check his heart=) AND we are meeting Sean for lunch on campus to share amazing greek gyros! I am so excited.
I got a Valentine gift. It is shiny and red and absolutely beautiful!!! I still need to name it, any suggestions?
Also this is how Brett said Happy Valentines Day this year:
(He actually hated this process!)
Here is a picture list of some things Brett loves:
He LOVES his dad!!
He loves his mom so much he allows her to try spiking his hair.
He loves to eat books! We actually have a little book for him to eat while we read scriptures because he always wants to literally feast on the word of God=)
He LOVES to smile=)

We're sure glad Brett let you paint his feet!! and the spiked hair looks fun! what a terrific smile he has--and I just heard on the news this morning that babies his age are already recognizing words even though they can't say them yet, which I think is neat because Brett is saying so many things now (we need a universal translator from Star Trek) but it's not hard to understand his smile love, mom p =-)
ReplyDelete