The third annual UNM Med Ball was this last Friday. I was so excited to go and have been planning for it for weeks. I found this really great dress for $18 at Ross and ordered a shrug from Deb for around $20 to make it modest. Sean looked very handsome and I felt like we were going to prom. The only difference was we had to find a babysitter (thanks Mom and Dad P!) There were actually lots of other differences too like the yummy fajita bar and the $10 parking fee and of course the cash bar which was very well utilized by all the students and staff that attended. I now realize why girls carry those little clutch bags because they have to have their ID and perhaps some money for the ridiculously priced drinks=) We had yummy water which was free. Sean and I visited with some other students, had a wonderful time chatting with each other, and even danced for a few songs. We would have liked to dance more but the party started to get a little more wild and so did the dancing so we opted to go home. It really was a great time although I don’t know if either of us are dying to go next year. In true prom fashion we got our pics taken before the dance and they even had a photographer there.They had all sorts of fun props!
Grandpa Peterson bought Brett a pinwheel which is a fantastic toy!
For our anniversary we decided our combined gift would be to get Brett’s bike seat so that we could go biking as a family. We got it all hooked up on Saturday and had a great time cruising around our complex. Brett thinks the chin strap is for chewing but loves to be riding. His two bottom teeth are still giving him lots of problems and he was a little grumpy yesterday so we knew he liked it when it made him smile.

Brett is so cute in that raccoon shirt and both your fellas are handsome in their helmets! You make a great looking couple and it looks like you were having fun with the props. =-) If you don't go to the ball, do something else and let us babysit again!! mom p =-)
ReplyDelete