Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elroy may be his first word!

This past weekend I took a quick trip up to Utah to visit family. I love getting to see my parents and sister and friends and grandparents. I flew up last Thursday super early.


I got to see my wonderful friend Melanie. I was so sad I didn’t get a picture of her with Mr. Brett. We talked and joked and laughed so hard! Reminiscing about junior high school French class and giggling about dating and boys is a great reason to fly 500 miles.


On Friday my sister picked me up from my parents house and we met up with Megan and Whitney at the new City Creek Center in Salt Lake City. It is really cool and I can’t wait to go back and explore it more. Megan is growing with child and is super adorable and it was great to see Whitney and her little girl Kirsten. Spending time with college roommates is another great reason to fly 500 miles! I even got to be sitting next to my sister when she got a call from Jared saying that he had gotten a job offer! IMG_2520-2012-04-18-19-47.JPGIMG_2522-2012-04-18-19-47.JPGIMG_2529-2012-04-18-19-47.JPG


I hung out with my parents a lot and had so so much fun. Brett loved them and laughed so hard at my dad’s mustache. My mom and I watched princess movies and went grocery shopping. My dad and I had good chats about all kinds of things. And Elroy and I got some much needed snuggling in. (Elroy is a dog, by the way) 500 miles is totally worth it to see these cool people!


IMG_2516-2012-04-18-19-47.jpgIMG_2519-2012-04-18-19-47.jpg


On Saturday we had our Easter egg hunt. Brett liked playing with the grass. He made a huge mess and had a great time doing it! My Grandparents came out for the celebration and we had a nice time with them.


IMG_2559-2012-04-18-19-47.JPGIMG_2575-2012-04-18-19-47.JPG


Brett got to sleep in my old crib. I was the last baby to sleep in this crib so it was kinda fun to see my own son in there.IMG_2591-2012-04-18-19-47.JPG


Brett loves Elroy and seriously couldn’t focus on anything while we were there because he was just so happy to see the puppy. He learned the way to Elroy’s heart is through his tummy!


IMG_2600-2012-04-18-19-47.JPG


We got home Tuesday afternoon and were so happy to see Sean. We got out the Easter grass at home too=)IMG_2615-2012-04-18-19-47.jpg


2 comments:

  1. It looks like confetti from a terrific party! And Elroy is so patient with children--it's great that they're friends. Loved seeing every photo you shared--it's good to see what the Zaelits are up to! and Brett's grown since the last time we saw him!! Yay for being back home with Daddy! love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun that your parents still have your crib! And it's so cute that Brett loves your parents' dog.

    ReplyDelete