Sunday, April 8, 2012

What have we been up to?

Sean:


He has been keeping really busy with medical school. He is studying the cardiovascular system, the pulmonary system, and the renal system right now. He has been working hard as part of the technology group to make flash cards available for all the students in the correct format. He has rode about 1200 miles on his bike since moving to Albuquerque. He changed all but one diaper today and puts Brett to bed almost every night. He plays final fantasy on the iPad or watches Star Trek when he has spare time. He also likes kicking his wife’s trash at Kingsburg (a fun board game) whenever he gets the chance. One of his favorite snacks right now is a banana smeared with peanut butter or cereal with hazelnut coffee creamer. He took me on a real date yesterday to the Olive Garden without Brett. He is the music chair for the anatomical donor service right now so he is keeping busy practicing and planning. (the anatomical donor service is a memorial service the medical school puts together to thank the families of the cadavers) He also loves playing with Brett and making him smile.


IMG_2442-2012-04-8-19-54.jpg


IMG_2485-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


Jennie:


I have been working hard to try to keep the kitchen floor clean! Its amazing how quickly it gets disgusting with Mr. Brett eating solids. I have been going through old clothes and getting rid of them. I am finally putting away the rest of my maternity clothes. I am keeping busy trying to exercise, run to the post office, keep food in the fridge, change diapers, wash diapers, fold diapers, do laundry, and of course play with Brett. I am listening to an audiobook called The Gurnsey Literary Club and Potato Peel Pie Society. I love watching The Biggest Loser and Once Upon a Time. I confess I am reading Twilight again and am still loving it! I am trying to read my scriptures more and Sean and I just finished the Book of Mormon and started the New Testament. I am trying to grow some vegetables and flowers, we’ll see how they turn out. I dyed my hair blonder and really like it! I talk with my sister and mom on the phone often. My favorite snack right now is actually apples, they just taste so darn good! I also love brownies a lot lately!


IMG_2464-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


I thought this one was really cute even though his eyes are closed, I love how wet his shirt it from his teething!


IMG_2460-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG



Brett:


He is trying to get around! He moves this way and that and is rolling all over the place. He loves to eat, although he struggles to focus! He LOVES his jumper! He slept through the night once this week and did really well all the nights except last night (I blame teething). Those two bottom teeth are so so close and they have been for a month! Some days I can see the white pushing against his gums, poor kid! I hope they break through soon! He loves to say ba ba ba and is better at drinking out of a cup than a sippy. He enjoyed his Easter basket and has tried several of the treats inside already! HIs pincer grasp is getting really good. He is happy and smiley and wonderful!IMG_2455-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2441-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2446-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2496-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2507-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


We tried to take some family photos yesterday and had some fun!


(Brett was rather fascinated by Sean’s hair)


IMG_2471-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2473-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


IMG_2477-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


I actually thought this one was pretty cute:


IMG_2470-2012-04-8-19-54.JPG


(by the way one of the reasons I blog so much and so long is because I do it while Sean is studying, I am now off to read about a very handsome vampire while sitting next to an even handsomer man)

4 comments:

  1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of my all time favorite books. I hope you're loving it. :)

    What a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the 3 of you lying on the floor looking up! Brett's basket is very sporty looking and it's fun to see all of you having fun together! thanks for sharing with us, love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie he is! I love the picture of you 3 on the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing book, Jennie! I've read it twice, once on audio, and I really liked the narration. Your pictures are all adorable, too. :)

    ReplyDelete