These are the words of my dear sweet husband. He thinks I look great no matter what and never wants me to miss any yummy treats of delicious calorie-filled goodies!
I have felt really blessed after having Brett to have shed my pregnancy weight +15 extra pounds. I blame this good fortune mainly on the fact that my little man LOVES to eat! Seriously have you seen his cute little thighs? he is a big eater=) I am now at the weight I was when I got married which is fantastic! The point of this story however, is that losing that weight wasn’t too hard it just the maintaining that I worry about. I basically ate when I was hungry (and tried to eat healthy) and tried to go on walks with the occasional workout video. I knew that as Brett was starting solids I needed to watch myself pretty carefully to make sure I adjusted my calorie intake as he started getting less from me. I checked my weight 2 weeks ago and found that I had gained 3 pounds, thus I decided I needed to stop eating whatever I wanted whenever I was hungry. So sad! What a perk of breast feeding!!! So I decided to start paying closer attention to when my body told me I was full and start exercising more. My friend and I have been working out together twice a week and last week I worked out 4/5 weekdays! This week I’m hoping to make it a clean 5/5. I also made a list on the fridge of the order of foods I have to eat when I feel hungry. When I get hungry around 10:30 I have to have an apple, then banana if i’m still hungry, then yogurt if i’m still hungry, then carrots all before I’m allowed to have bread (which is what I always want). It seems to be working and I feel fantastic. Its amazing that eating fruit and veggies and exercising can make you feel so wonderful!! So this is my version of a diet right now so that sweet Sean won’t be fearful of my death. He still makes the saddest face when I only have two pancakes instead of four! And we must close with a picture of Mr. Brett who still has no teeth and desperately wants to crawl!
Also we got electric toothbrushes from Costco this week and I will never ever go back! They are so wonderful and my teeth are so very happy!

Yes, breastfeeding was so nice for that, and Asher reacted to dairy so that was a double whammy! I like the fridge list idea! Might have to try it. :) I'm trying to make some changes, too (but it seems like I've been trying for years). I just love sugar and dairy and carbs and chocolate and...sigh. Thanks for the idea and the motivation :) :)
ReplyDeleteI've got a list too and try to make myself be good--you're an inspiration! Brett has the best thighs west of the Mississippi (my dad used to say things like, "west of the Pecos")! Brett's gonna pick up on the idea of mobilization pretty soon now =-) and his smile is perfect now--but teeth will be cute too!! love, mom p
ReplyDeleteOh man, breast feeding is the best weight loss system ever! It is such a drag when we have to say goodbye to it. But how very exciting to be back down to your marriage weight! How exciting, especially after having a baby! Looks like you have a good system for managing your food intake. I always find having something like a pomegranate or something else that takes effort to eat with few calories helps me keep busy and stop the snack cravings.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that little Brett is about to crawl! Now the REAL fun can start...
Breastfeeding is amazing for losing weight! Unfortunately I never had enough time to eat enough to keep myself full. It sounds like you're doing a good "diet."
ReplyDelete