Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mobility!

Today I have a list of things to say:


  1. President Obama lost my vote when he came out in favor of Gay marriage. “Marriage between man and woman is essential to HIs eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows” (from The Family Proclamation)
  2. Sean starts his first final tomorrow and by next Friday will officially be finished with his first year of medical school! We have had many nights of tears and stress and wondering if we can really do this, but we are almost 1/7 of the way done=) We have had many more nights where we are happy and loving life and feeling the satisfaction that comes with hard work.
  3. We are taking our wee child to Disneyland in a few weeks! I think he will like it and I am trying not to panic about the complete lack of schedule we will have there. We get to go with my parents and Sean’s parents, we’re so lucky they like each other=)
  4. We got fish. Our dear friends are moving to Utah tomorrow, which we are very sad about, but they bestowed two of their goldfish on Mr. Brett. They came with the names Rapunzel and Jasmine and have been rechristened Bernard and Jillian. Brett LOVES to watch them and Sean and I are trying not to kill them=)
  5. Mr. Brett is cute! This is not news to anyone but he is just so stinkin’ cute and happy and we love him so much. He has become MOBILE and he thinks its hilarious. He crawls around the house finding new things and laughing about everything. We are getting a little more sleep over here after some intense training to help Mr. Brett stay laying down in his bed. Hopefully it will last although I read a quote in a book the other day that said the only thing consistent about parenting is change.
  6. And of course I have pictures to share because I always do=)
Brett really loves this car a lot and spends a ton of time pushing it around and crawling after it.IMG_2760-2012-05-17-19-43.JPGBrett loves to play the piano, Sean put him in his highchair next the piano the other night and Brett jammed with his Dad for a good long time.IMG_2765-2012-05-17-19-43.JPGAnother new favorite trick is pulling himself up onto the couch.IMG_2782-2012-05-17-19-43.jpgFeet also work nicely to push cars around.IMG_2779-2012-05-17-19-43.JPGBrett likes to read the Book of Mormon every night.IMG_2796-2012-05-17-19-43.JPGYay for eating dinner!IMG_2793-2012-05-17-19-43.JPGLOVE the tongue sticking out! This reminds me of my Grandma who always had her tongue out when she was concentrating on anything.IMG_2769-2012-05-17-19-43.JPG

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Jennie, he is so cute. That little face! I need to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree there should be some meeting going on very soon! I miss you=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun age when they are learning to do so much! It was always so much fun with my nieces and nephews. And when you're tired of sitting up and playing, but still want to push the car around, using your feet is a perfect solution! haha.

    ReplyDelete