I have decided that my ability to remain sane as a parent is directly correlated to what my expectation are. Brett switched from 2 naps a day to 1 right around his birthday. He started taking around 2 1/2 hour naps which was glorious, I had to adjust my mornings a little to make sure I could still get a shower but mostly I LOVE the 1 nap a day schedule. Do you realize how much you can get done in 2 hours? House clean, facebook checked, bread baked, and even a nap! Ok, maybe not all of that in one day but certainly 2 per day=) Then this past week our little man has decided that he only need 1 our and 20 minutes. The first day he did this I was a little grumpy, the second day I was really grumpy, but by the third I had adjusted my expectations and now I am fine with 1 hour 20 min naps (although I hope its a stage because he is one tired boy!) So I have decided that as long as I know what to expect i'm good. Too bad parenthood is never what you expect it to be (its harder and better). On Wednesday they had a free admission day at the fair so we headed on over to enjoy the festivities. Doesn't Brett look so grown up here? Such a little man!
His favorite thing was the carousel! He really loved it and wanted to do it over so we paid for him to ride it twice. He even chose the same horse both times. I now know why my mom wouldn't let us ride the rides at the fair though, they are pretty rickety!
We thought Brett would love the animals but he mostly just wanted to walk around holding our hands. He was pretty tired from his lack of napping=( I think he had a nice time getting out though. There was lots of yummy food to try, but we didn't sample any of it. We were planning to, but by the time we were hungry we were also ready to go, so we decided to go to Village Inn since it was Wednesday and they have free slices of pie on Wednesday.
Before we left we saw this! Amazing right? Those are people in giant hamster balls rolling around in the water, perhaps next year i'll try it=)
Last night we went to play games with some friends. The plan was to get Brett all ready for bed, take him there and put him to bed in a pack-n-play. Then when we were done we would just take him home and put him back to bed in his crib. I was positive it wouldn't work (mostly so I wouldn't get my hopes up) but wouldn't you know it-he did it! We played games with 2 other couples for three hours with no babysitter. It was so fun and I look forward to doing it again. That was our week=) Hope you all had a great one too!

Brett looks older with his hair cut and very cute! love the photos of him on Sean's shoulders and with Jennie on the carousel! Love those hamster balls-they do look like lots of fun!! And children constantly amaze and surprise you--and will keep doing that their whole life! love, mom p
ReplyDeleteI think you are spot on with expectations and sanity. You will find this especially helpful when you start to potty train :)
ReplyDeleteAh, the transition from two naps to one. I feel like God created children to need naps during the day so us moms can recharge our batteries and have some me-time. It is amazing what you can get done in that little time slot. Pen went through a short nap phase, but about 2 weeks later, started taking three hour naps. Don't give up on those long naps yet!
I'll be honest, Gwenivere will usually wake up around the 1 hr mark and I ignore for about 15 minutes. If she falls back asleep GREAT! If not, I go in and get her. She's so much happier when she sleeps longer AND so am I! ;)
ReplyDeleteJust in case you wanted to know we think you are doing an amazing job being parents, somedays it throughs you a cuve, bu as long as you love the little man, everything will work out great!.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you all!!!
Love Mom and Dad Z